Is this a Peckoltia sp. ?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Rshore
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Canada
Location 2: Ontario

Is this a Peckoltia sp. ?

Post by Rshore »

Hi everyone !

This is my first post on planet catfish though ive been looking through this site nearly everyday for the last 3 years and learning something new daily from it

Ive come today for help with the I.D of my loricariid, a little background ill try to keep brief i spied this bugger at a LFS labled as blue phantom pleco 1 week and the next week in an unlabeled tank so i asked the lady about it and she said it was bristlenose pleco at this point I already had a strong suspicion it was neither, so smiled and nodded and 10$ later was walking out the door with my new pleco after countless hours or looking through various species on planet catfish ive concluded it is most likely a Peckoltia sp. And ive rested at either Peckoltia lugani or Peckoltia brevis so I thought id take to the experts and let you tell me what I got

Thank you in advance for your time and without further wait heres some pictures[*]
20160809_154801.jpg
20161218_153932.jpg
20161218_153846.jpg
20161218_153921.jpg
Annabellam
Location 1: Oregon
Location 2: oregon state
Interests: Pets, hiking, travelling

Re: Is this a Peckoltia sp. ?

Post by Annabellam »

You are most welcome to the forum. Pretty new here myself but am learning each day as well. Wouldn't say am an expert but i think its peckoltia multispinis. They are pretty similar looking and hard to distinct. Would love to hear what experts think. Welcome again!Happy learning as well.
Acanthicus
My articles: 5
My images: 91
My cats species list: 29 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 79
Location 1: Kiel
Location 2: Germany

Post by Acanthicus »

Hi,

this is Peckoltia lujani, also known as L 127.

cheers, Daniel
Daniel
nvcichlids
My images: 6
My cats species list: 44 (i:3, k:0)
My aquaria list: 11 (i:8)
My BLogs: 6 (i:4, p:279)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: Milwaukee, WI
Location 2: Waimate, New Zealand

Post by nvcichlids »

P. lurjani, easy to breed if you have 2. my male always backed into his cave rather than going head first. They aren't extremely colored, but a fun fish to have. Enjoy your little one!
What's your favorite Dressing~~
Rshore
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Canada
Location 2: Ontario

Post by Rshore »

Thank you everyone ! Glad to finally have a definitive species identification !

Return to “What is my catfish?”