What species of Chiloglanis

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
dmcat
My images: 53
My cats species list: 149 (i:46, k:32)
Spotted: 96
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Georgia

What species of Chiloglanis

Post by dmcat »

Hi! Here is a young Chiloglanis I recently obtained (no geography unfortunately). I'd assume it would be hard to tell the species but I would appreciate any possible opinion. Thanks, DM.
Attachments
Chiloglanis sp.
Chiloglanis sp.
Birger
Expert
My articles: 10
My images: 112
My cats species list: 49 (i:43, k:0)
Spotted: 35
Location 1: Edmonton,Alberta
Location 2: Canada

Re: What species of Chiloglanis

Post by Birger »

It is very difficult without the geography. Is it eating? How many did you get?

Very cool!!

Birger
Birger
dmcat
My images: 53
My cats species list: 149 (i:46, k:32)
Spotted: 96
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Georgia

Post by dmcat »

Thanks for your reply! Yes, it's eating bloodworms. I have only one unfortunately. Actually I was expecting to have a bigger fish but received this tiny guy... Luckily it has adapted and eating well.
DM
N0body Of The Goat
My cats species list: 25 (i:2, k:5)
My aquaria list: 5 (i:0)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 18
Location 1: Southampton
Location 2: UK
Interests: Sim racing; cycling (ideally not into the back of stationary dustbin lorries located on blind sweeping bends in wet weather, with rim brakes like chocolate teapots)

Post by N0body Of The Goat »

Great looking fish, there aren't many of us that appear to have Mochokidae catfish that are not synos!

If it is like my four Euchilichthys spp., they are far more adaptable as regards food than I expected with that under-slung mouth, the quartet in my 6-foot tank are like vultures at food time and let my ~30cm SL Auchenoglanis know when his/her food vacuuming in their vicinity is not welcome!
Dreaming of a full-on 5x2x2 Zaire River rapids biotope...

Return to “What is my catfish?”