Itaya River Wood catfish

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Domaku
My cats species list: 20 (i:1, k:0)
My Wishlist: 2
Spotted: 13
Location 1: Georgia
Location 2: US

Itaya River Wood catfish

Post by Domaku »

Had my local fish connection pick them up from segrest farms a couple days ago and the order list had them only labeled as itaya River catfish. Looking for help with a positive ID.
Attachments
July 22nd
July 22nd
July 22nd
July 22nd
Most recent/ July 22nd
Most recent/ July 22nd
June 5th
June 5th
June 5th
June 5th
Last edited by Domaku on 22 Jul 2017, 06:12, edited 1 time in total.
Martin S
I've donated: $20.00!
My images: 9
My cats species list: 90 (i:19, k:0)
Spotted: 17
Location 1: Guildford, Surrey
Location 2: UK
Interests: Aquatics

Re: Itaya River Wood catfish

Post by Martin S »

Nice find. Almost definitely a or (but would suspect the former). As to which one, it's hard to tell from the photos, my suggestion would be but it could very well be an undescribed species! The name is not helpful either, as there don't appear to be many fish found in the Ataya (only three species listed) and none of these are .
How many do you have? Be good to see photos of these as they grow and put on weight. Please keep us updated on their progress.
HTH
Martin
nvcichlids
My images: 6
My cats species list: 44 (i:3, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
My BLogs: 6 (i:4, p:279)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: Milwaukee, WI
Location 2: Waimate, New Zealand

Post by nvcichlids »

I am with martin on the suggestion, though it could be an unde..
What's your favorite Dressing~~
Domaku

Post by Domaku »

I will be sure to, they seem very thin. I have a pair of them. Hopefully they will make it. I've had them a couple days so far. They react well to food but have to be nearby to try and eat it. Compared to the pair of honeycomb catfish I house them with they aren't really gluttons. I'll do my best to document them.
Domaku

Post by Domaku »

So here's an update, after a successful move from GA to FL and a bit over a month or so I have an image of my illusive woodcatfish. I will be adding photos to the header of the thread and will have them dated accordingly.

These fish are extremely cautious when feeding time comes around with the exception of being presented dried bloodworms and dried daphnia.

I have not seen this fish for weeks and was only assured it was alive by lack of a corpse.

Return to “What is my catfish?”