Common Cory that I don't know the name of

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Catfish-ologist
My articles: 1
My images: 3
My cats species list: 56 (i:4, k:31)
My aquaria list: 14 (i:0)
My BLogs: 4 (i:4, p:205)
My Wishlist: 46
Spotted: 94
Location 1: Alabama
Location 2: USA
Interests: Auchenipteridae, Hypancistrus, and other Catfish.

Common Cory that I don't know the name of

Post by Catfish-ologist »

Hello,
I was in Petco for some cheap heaters for transportation purposes and I couldn't help but look at their catfish. I normally don't like looking at their fish because their knowledge is very limited and they do not treat their catfish properly. So, I went into the fish section and looked at their catfish... the usual:
- Sun Catfish labeled no bigger than 4 inches and require 20 gallon tank as an adult :((
- Otocinclus cats that are labelled as beginner level :-O
- and to top off the list, Corys in a tank with gravel [-(
All of these make me sad, however, the Corys were very small and active which is a good sign. There was a group of three, but again they are young, which means they have not yet developed their full color pattern. Although these could just be a common species of Cory, their color pattern doesn't match anything perfectly. I need help! What are these? I know these photos aren't the best but, to be fair they were really fast fish! If the images look side-ways just click on them and they will rotate.
IMG-1916.jpg
IMG-1904.jpg
Thanks,
--Sean
Oh I'm only gonna get 1 tank for 1 catfish...(every time I see a catfish)! - Sean Hensley 2021

There may be limited space for catfish tanks but there is unlimited space for catfish knowledge. - Sean Hensley 2022

Everyone has limits. not everyone accepts them. - Anonymous
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2671)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Re: Common Cory that I don't know the name of

Post by bekateen »

Hi Sean,

That's a baby . It looks washed out colorwise, but it's sterbai.

Cheers, Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
Catfish-ologist
My articles: 1
My images: 3
My cats species list: 56 (i:4, k:31)
My aquaria list: 14 (i:0)
My BLogs: 4 (i:4, p:205)
My Wishlist: 46
Spotted: 94
Location 1: Alabama
Location 2: USA
Interests: Auchenipteridae, Hypancistrus, and other Catfish.

Re: Common Cory that I don't know the name of

Post by Catfish-ologist »

OK, Thanks you can see how it was hard for me.... Really strange color!
Oh I'm only gonna get 1 tank for 1 catfish...(every time I see a catfish)! - Sean Hensley 2021

There may be limited space for catfish tanks but there is unlimited space for catfish knowledge. - Sean Hensley 2022

Everyone has limits. not everyone accepts them. - Anonymous

Return to “What is my catfish?”