yellow spotted Plec?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
rover
Location 1: Toronto Canada
Interests: Fishkeeping, old cars/car stuff, stuffies

yellow spotted Plec?

Post by rover »

Hi we picked up several of these at a local lfs. They are from a local breeder but no further information was available. Person running store said they were not supposed to get much bigger than 4-5 inches but have to wonder. We thought they were quite interesting looking.

Kevin

*interesting discovery. If I place my name or text after the link to the image it drops down into the body of the following message.

Last edited by rover on 04 Jan 2003, 03:38, edited 2 times in total.
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

These are baby bristlenoses. See the cotm article on them - http://www.planetcatfish.com/cotm/1998-12.htm

Jools
Sid Guppy
Location 1: Brabant, the Netherlands
Interests: Catfish, Tanganyikan fish, Rock'n'roll, Fantasy

Post by Sid Guppy »

Nice pic!
I got a 104 exact copies of that little fish :lol:
want some?
Plan B should not automatically be twice as much explosives as Plan A
rover

Post by rover »

Jools wrote:These are baby bristlenoses. See the cotm article on them - http://www.planetcatfish.com/cotm/1998-12.htm

Jools
Hi, thanks for the reply and link! Now I'm really looking forward to seeing them grow up. We actually picked up six in total. Four of the ones like the photo and two that were called albinos. They came in two batches with the last three coming home on new years eve. I had them in a quaranteen tank with four endler's livebearers until this morning when we noticed the endler's pecking at the plecs. I don't think it was an attack as much as it looked like they were trying to pick something off the surface of the plecs and since that would mean damage to their slime coats we had to separate them. Never seen this happen with any of our other fish and the endler's are a fairly new addition to our fish family.

Below is a photo of what we were told were albino's.

Thanks again!

Kevin

rover

Post by rover »

SG_Eurystomus wrote:Nice pic!
I got a 104 exact copies of that little fish :lol:
want some?
Hmm now if you lived close to Toronto Canada I could be in real trouble! We had gone back to the shop hoping that they had more than the three that we picked up.

Thanks re pix!

Kevin

Return to “What is my catfish?”