Saphire Pl*co?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Thunder

Saphire Pl*co?

Post by Thunder »

I recently purchased a pl*co that was known as a Saphire Pl*co. It was designated as an L-151, but after checking the database here, it is definitely not the same fish. It is still rather small, but with a blue coloration. Any ideas folks on what I have?
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

We might have a better idea if you could provide a picture (or at least a more detailed description).
Thunder

Post by Thunder »

I wish I could give a picture, but I can't. I believe though, it might be a Blue Panaque. It has a dark blue and black coloration. It is hard to give a good description because there isn't a whole lot that is distinctive about it besides the blue coloration. I think it is an L-239, though. Anybody have any idea whether it is a carnivore, omnivore, or herbivore?
Graeme
Location 2: Newcastle, England

Post by Graeme »

A picture say's a thousand words.
Shane
Expert
My articles: 69
My images: 161
My catfish: 75
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:4)
Spotted: 99
Location 1: Tysons
Location 2: Virginia

Post by Shane »

Thunder,
Look under the "blue Panaque" thread under Loricariidae for more information.
-Shane
"My journey is at an end and the tale is told. The reader who has followed so faithfully and so far, they have the right to ask, what do I bring back? It can be summed up in three words. Concentrate upon Uganda."
Winston Churchill, My African Journey

Return to “What is my catfish?”