Embryonic development of the Capitan de la Sabana, Eremophilus Mutisii

For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2671)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Embryonic development of the Capitan de la Sabana, Eremophilus Mutisii

Post by bekateen »

Gómez, E.M., Sánchez, C., & Mojica, C.P. (2018). Histological and morphological study of the embryonic development of the Capitan de la Sabana (Eremophilus Mutisii). Revista U.D.C.A Actualidad & Divulgación Científica, 21(2), 479-490.

https://revistas.udca.edu.co/index.php/ ... /1073/1527

Gómez, E.M., Sánchez, C., & Mojica, C.P. (2018). Estudio histológico y morfológico del desarrollo embrionario del pez Capitán de la Sabana (Eremophilus Mutisii). Revista U.D.C.A Actualidad & Divulgación Científica, 21(2), 479-490.
Gómez et al. wrote:ABSTRACT
, due to its vulnerable condition and its potential for fish farming, generates research challenges; one of them is to know the embryonic changes of the E. mutisii based on morphological and histological features from fertilization to hatching. The embryos were obtained from adult and sexually mature individuals of the Capitán de la Sabana (Eremophilus mutisii), sexually induced with carp pituitary extract. Oocytes and semen were obtained by abdominal pressure 24 hours after the last dose at 14±1°C. Sampling was performed every 60 minutes for the first twelve hours´ post-fertilization (HPF); from here on at hatching, the samples were fixed every 6 hours. The embryos were fixed in 4% formalin for observing the morphological features and for the histological studies. Results revealed that the fertilized eggs had spherical shape, light green color and average diameter of 1270µm. The first cleavage at 2 HPF was observed, the blastulation began at 9 HPF. Epibolic movements and gastrulation were observed from 12 HPF to 30 HPF with blastopore closure. At 60 HPF the yolk sac tail detachment was evident and at 66 HPF the first autonomous movements began. Finally, at 72 HPF, the hatching began, showing absence of pigmentation and evidencing a rudimentary digestive tract without oral and anal opening. It was observed the presence of abundant yolk sac with continuous vertical movements of the larva.
Keywords: embryonic development, capitan de la Sabana, embryogenesis, Siluriformes, Trichomycteridae.
Gómez et al. wrote:RESUMEN
, pez catalogado en estado como vulnerable, que por su importancia sociocultural y ecológica genera retos investigativos, uno de ellos, conocer sus características histológicas del desarrollo embrionario, desde la fecundación hasta la eclosión. Para ello, se obtuvieron embriones de individuos adultos y maduros sexualmente, capturados en la represa del Sisga, ubicada en el municipio de Chocontá, Cundinamarca, inducidos sexualmente con extracto pituitario de carpa. Los ovocitos y el semen fueron obtenidos por presión abdominal 24 horas después de la última dosis, a 14±1°C. La toma de muestras, se realizó cada 60 minutos, durante las primeras doce horas post-fertilización (HPF); a partir de aquí y hasta la eclosión, las muestras fueron fijadas en formol Bufferado al 4%, cada 6 horas y sometidas a rutina de histología. Los resultados mostraron que los óvulos fertilizados presentaron forma esférica, color verde claro y diámetro promedio de 1270µm. El primer clivaje, se observó a las 2HPF; la blastulación inició a las 9HPF; los movimientos epibólicos y la gastrulación, se observaron desde la 12HPF hasta la 30HPF, con el cierre del blastoporo. A las 60HPF, se evidenció el desprendimiento de la cola del saco vitelino y a las 66HPF, se dio inicio a los primeros movimientos autónomos. Finalmente, a las 72HPF inició la eclosión, mostrando las larvas ausencia de pigmentación y evidenciándose un tracto digestivo rudimentario, sin abertura bucal y anal. Se observó la presencia de abundante saco vitelino, con movimientos verticales continuos de la larva.
Palabras clave: desarrollo embrionario, capitán de la sabana, embriogénesis, Siluriformes, Trichomycteridae.
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.

Return to “Taxonomy & Science News”