For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
- Posts: 6392
- Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:50 pm
- I've donated: $40.00!
- My articles: 3
- My images: 63
- My cats species list: 106 (i:40, k:46)
- My aquaria list: 30 (i:14)
- My BLogs: 35 (i:116, p:1787)
- My Wishlist: 37
- Spotted: 129
- Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
- Location 2: USA, California, Stockton
LUÍS R. RIBEIRO-SILVA, GABRIEL S. C. SILVA, PAULO C. VENERE, HUGMAR PAINS DA SILVA, FÁBIO F. ROXO. (2020). Description of a new species of Hisonotus
(Loricariidae: Siluriformes) from rio Araguaia basin. Zootaxa
https://www.biotaxa.org/Zootaxa/article ... a.4860.4.5
A new species of Hisonotus is described from headwaters of rio Araguaia basin, municipality of Barra do Garças, Mato Grosso state, Brazil. The new species is distinguished from its congeners by a V-shaped spinelet, yellowish teeth, absence of unpaired platelets at typical adipose fin position, the caudal-fin color hyaline with three transverse dark bars, one abdominal median plate series, and by morphometric and meristic characters.
- Keywords: Pisces, Cascudinhos, Freshwater Fishes, Hypoptopomatinae, Neotropical Region