For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
- Posts: 7060
- Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:50 pm
- I've donated: $40.00!
- My articles: 4
- My images: 67
- My cats species list: 109 (i:37, k:44)
- My aquaria list: 29 (i:13)
- My BLogs: 35 (i:124, p:1821)
- My Wishlist: 39
- Spotted: 134
- Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
- Location 2: USA, California, Stockton
Roberts, T. R. (2021). Glyptothorax pedunculatus
, a New Species of Sumatran Sisorid Catfish with Slender Caudal Peduncle and Simple Thoracic Adhesive Organ. Aqua
https://aqua-aquapress.com/product/aqua ... unculatus/
new species is described from the Musi River basin in central Sumatra. It differs from all other species in the genus by its more slender caudal peduncle and by its thoracic adhesive organ lacking a median groove and with nearly straight striae. Ten species of Glyptothorax
are now known from Sumatra.