LFS label creator not working

A historical forum for issues reported in the suggestions and bugs forum that have been subsequently fixed or resolved.
Webo
My images: 2
My cats species list: 82 (i:1, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:98)
Spotted: 85
Location 1: Sweden
Location 2: Skåne

LFS label creator not working

Post by Webo »

Hi.

New here and I wanted to look at the LFS label creator for printing labes on my catfishes but when I try to use it I just get this:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/webcat/planetcatfish.com/common/label_creator.php on line 7: require_once(../forum/includes/functions_profile_fields.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

I have search the forum and don't find anything on LFS label creator eccept that some posts from 2013.

I have also tried diffrent webbrowsers (IE and Chrome) but it's same problem with both.

Anyone that have any info on it?
Webo

Re: LFS label creator not working

Post by Webo »

Is this site dead? I don't have any replys from admins or any other that might know and no one else say they have same problem or say that it's working for them.

I see most of the threads have many views but very very few answers.

That make me think that this forum is dead meaning there is not a lot of activity here and it's mosy a knowlegebase site.

Am I right or wrong?
dw1305
Location 1: Corsham, UK
Location 2: Bath, UK
Interests: Natural History, Ecology, Plants, Biotopes, Taxonomy, Nitrification, Cricket & Northern Soul

Post by dw1305 »

Hi all,
Webo wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 20:14 Is this site dead? I don't have any replys from admins or any other that might know and no one else say they have same problem or say that it's working for them.

That make me think that this forum is dead meaning there is not a lot of activity here and it's mosy a knowlegebase site.

Am I right or wrong?
I'm not sure if you are serious? but I'm sure some-one will answer your question.

@Jools who runs the site, and does the programming, has a job as well as looking after this web-site. You can tell me that there is a better, or more informative web-site on the WWW, but I've haven't found one yet.

Why don't you have a look around the rest of the web site why you are waiting for a reply? I've been a member here, and a pretty frequent visitor, for the last eight years and I still find plenty of interest.

If you want a starting point have a look at @bekateen or @Viktor Jarikov's posts.

cheers Darrel
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2653)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Post by bekateen »

Hi @Webo,

The label maker has never been deployed as a fully working tool. That said, it is more broken now than it used to be. Not long ago, Jools performed a major website upgrade. As is relatively common, when an upgrade occurs, it often alters links and breaks functions. Apparently the label maker is a victim of that upgrade.

Since few people attempt to use the label maker, and since broken links are only identified when someone reports them (and many people don't bother to report), it is no surprise that the label maker is broken after this time.

Webo, Jools has to prioritize patches, updates, and repairs according to how often they're used. I appreciate why you're asking about the lack of response, but the facts are very possibly that nobody has tried using the label maker recently besides you.

It is true that many people use the site as a database of knowledge, and there aren't many posts per day; this site is not like Facebook or other social media platforms. But there is an active community of dedicated and experienced people here. When people read a post and have an answer, they do reply.

Regards, Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

I'll have a look at it, should be pretty easy to patch up.

Oh, we're not dead, far from it, I think the best description might be long-lived...

Thanks for bringing the bug to our attention.

Cheers,

Jools
Webo

Post by Webo »

dw1305 wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 21:05 Hi all,
Webo wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 20:14 Is this site dead? I don't have any replys from admins or any other that might know and no one else say they have same problem or say that it's working for them.

Am I right or wrong?
I'm not sure if you are serious? but I'm sure some-one will answer your question.

@Jools who runs the site, and does the programming, has a job as well as looking after this web-site. You can tell me that there is a better, or more informative web-site on the WWW, but I've haven't found one yet.

Why don't you have a look around the rest of the web site why you are waiting for a reply? I've been a member here, and a pretty frequent visitor, for the last eight years and I still find plenty of interest.

If you want a starting point have a look at @bekateen or @Viktor Jarikov's posts.

cheers Darrel
I was serious. If you look at the latest tropics there are very few answers but many have viewed them. Ofcouse I understanbd that admins have other things to do and it might take a couple Days but the fact than no other member responded to it and said they have same problem or not is very strange and that is why I ask if it was dead.

This is one of the best sites I have found about catfish so have been looking around also and I have used it for long time but decided to become a member now as I use it more so I hope it's not dead as there is a lot of good info here and there could be more also to come :-)
Webo

Post by Webo »

bekateen wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 22:44 Hi @Webo,

The label maker has never been deployed as a fully working tool. That said, it is more broken now than it used to be. Not long ago, Jools performed a major website upgrade. As is relatively common, when an upgrade occurs, it often alters links and breaks functions. Apparently the label maker is a victim of that upgrade.

Since few people attempt to use the label maker, and since broken links are only identified when someone reports them (and many people don't bother to report), it is no surprise that the label maker is broken after this time.

Webo, Jools has to prioritize patches, updates, and repairs according to how often they're used. I appreciate why you're asking about the lack of response, but the facts are very possibly that nobody has tried using the label maker recently besides you.

It is true that many people use the site as a database of knowledge, and there aren't many posts per day; this site is not like Facebook or other social media platforms. But there is an active community of dedicated and experienced people here. When people read a post and have an answer, they do reply.

Regards, Eric
Ok. I was searching for info about the label maker but there was not much and it was from 2013. I saw the post about major patching done and thought it could be one of the reasons but since no one answered me about if it has been working or they have / haven't the same problem I thought it was strange that there was no response but many wievs. It is a must to have forum software updated as there are bugs but most of all security updates that are important so just good that there was a major updat done. Just wish that someone would reply so the one wondering about things could get an answer quicker :-)
Webo

Post by Webo »

Jools wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 12:36 I'll have a look at it, should be pretty easy to patch up.

Oh, we're not dead, far from it, I think the best description might be long-lived...

Thanks for bringing the bug to our attention.

Cheers,

Jools
Ok. Thanks a lot Jools. I would really like to have labels on my tanks for breeding that I have. So if it will work I would be glad.

Good to hear that the site is not dead. i know that FB takes a lot of attentions from forums but it's completely diffrent as FB is most fast conversations and very hard to get a knowleagebase like there is on a forum and many don't understand that. Like if you search for info it's results from forums that comes up 90% of the times so they are very important to keep alive.
Last edited by Webo on 05 Jan 2019, 20:57, edited 1 time in total.
Viktor Jarikov
My images: 11
My cats species list: 25 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 4
Location 1: Naples, FL
Location 2: USA

Post by Viktor Jarikov »

There are more serious sites and less. This one is a more serious one, in that trivial posts are against Terms of Agreement. They are not welcome. No chit chat, shooting breeze, neither ungrounded and unwarranted speculations. People aim and try to post on topic, helpful info that can be used by all readers at all times now or later. This is the reason behind many views and few posts.

This is the first time I ever heard of the LFS label creator. I think (almost) no one uses it. It's not to say you shouldn't. Our fearless leader will fix it for your pleasure on his good will, as the whole site is of his good will. Not his job. Not his pay.
Thebiggerthebetter
fish-story.com
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

Webo wrote: 29 Dec 2018, 20:20 New here and I wanted to look at the LFS label creator for printing labes on my catfishes but when I try to use it I just get this:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/webcat/planetcatfish.com/common/label_creator.php on line 7: require_once(../forum/includes/functions_profile_fields.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
It's now fixed.

Jools
Webo

Post by Webo »

Jools, YOU ROCK. Thanks a lot. Now I can have nice labels on the tanks :-)
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

Glad to help. If you get a labels on the tanks, post a pic!

Jools

Return to “All Resolved Issues”