Tetra ammonia detox

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
Rocket
Location 1: Larkhall, Scotland
Interests: Woodturning, Unusual Cats and Oddballs

Tetra ammonia detox

Post by Rocket »

Hi guys

I was just wondering if any of you have ever used this product?
http://www.tetra-fish.com/catalog/product.aspx?id=902

Friends of mine run a LFS and receive fish imports with high ammonia levels (as expected) every week. This often results in fish loss and they were wondering if this product would be any use at helping to combat fish stress on arrival.

It'll probably be a case of trying it and seeing but if anyone has used it, your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gordon
Shane
Expert
My articles: 69
My images: 161
My catfish: 75
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:4)
Spotted: 99
Location 1: Tysons
Location 2: Virginia

Re: Tetra ammonia detox

Post by Shane »

Similar products have been around for years. 99% of the time a partial water change to lower ammonia levels is the far better solution. I have used these products when transporting newly collected fishes great distances with no ability to do water changes, but few aquarists find themselves transporting fishes over several days with no access to water.
-Shane
"My journey is at an end and the tale is told. The reader who has followed so faithfully and so far, they have the right to ask, what do I bring back? It can be summed up in three words. Concentrate upon Uganda."
Winston Churchill, My African Journey

Return to “Speak Easy”