*FREE* Preview Mini-Convention!!

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
Andrew
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:21)
Spotted: 1
Location 2: Ellicott City, Maryland

*FREE* Preview Mini-Convention!!

Post by Andrew »

Thursday, October 13, 2016 at the Hyatt Dulles Hotel in Herndon, Virginia at 7:00pm, PVAS presents a world-class panel of speakers on diverse freshwater topics - not just catfishes! This is the night before we kick off the All-Aquarium Catfish Convention. All are welcome! You do not have to be registered for the catfish convention to share in this special evening designed for all freshwater aquarium hobbyists to enjoy. Of course, we hope you'll decide to spend the rest of the convention with all of its fantastic speakers, social events, field trips, auctions, raffles and so much more.

Speakers and topics:

Eric Bodrock:
"35 Years of Killifish!" Share Eric's lifelong love of these gorgeous fishes and pick up some tips and tricks for keeping and breeding them.

Hans Evers:
"Malili Lakes - Sulawesi Shrimps Visited in their Natural Habitats" Go on an adventure with Hans as he searches for the most spectacular freshwater shrimps in the world.

Anton Lamboj:
"Mouthbrooders with a Family Life - Benitochromis and Chromidotilapia" Learn about these extraordinary West African cichlids from the world's foremost expert.

Why are we doing this? First and foremost it is a "Thank You" to all PVAS members who have supported the All-Aquarium Catfish Conventions over the years, even if their primary interest in the hobby is not catfishes. Also, we wanted to thank the members of our sister clubs for their tremendous support of the catfish convention. Finally, we know that catfish keepers have diverse interests in the pursuit of their hobby. It's going to be an amazing start to the weekend and we hope to see you all there!

Make sure to "Like" and "Share" the All-Aquarium Catfish Convention Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/catfishcon to get news and announcements and to help us spread the word. Also, keep an eye on the convention web page http://www.catfishcon.com.

Return to “Speak Easy”