Keeping Panaquolus species.

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
pleconut
I've donated: $35.00!
My cats species list: 35 (i:23, k:0)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:3)
My BLogs: 3 (i:4, p:154)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Bournemouth
Location 2: UK

Keeping Panaquolus species.

Post by pleconut »

Hi folks, it was when I discovered this article, Pick a Panaquolus, in a british fishkeeping magazine, Practical Fishkeeping, it was in fact written by Jools, my interest in keeping Panaquolus species was sparked off, specifically in the L397. Here's a link, but you will have to scroll through to find the article I read.

https://issuu.com/83684/docs/pf_7_2015.

I then, a couple of months after, purchased my group of L397s, and at first my tank wasn't quite as I'd planned it out in my head, and not very close to how Jools described in the article, which was how I actually envisioned it. It's getting there though now since I found this site the advice given by some of you has really been appreciated. Thank you! The tank is getting nearer to how I'd planned it out back then, with lots of wooden branches in a big messed up tangle with the L397s clinging onto the wooden branches while munching on it. The tanks due a revamp, and I'm throwing in a big pile of branches tomorrow. Other Panaquolus species set ups are planned, also I now have a couple of mustard spots. Flash plecos are planned, but now for the much longer term, after plans to aquire a group this week was put off. Things are quite busy so delaying it was a good move. So I'm posting here really to get any ideas on how I can make the planned setups as natural as an environment as possible, and providing the best I can for the current groups and the future ones, anything you can contribute at all is fully welcome, and if you've personally been to their natural habitats, even better, so please share.
Thanks Teresa

Return to “Speak Easy”