New pleco meet Uk

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
Brian2014
My cats species list: 4 (i:4, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:4, p:54)
Spotted: 1
Location 2: Birmingham uk

New pleco meet Uk

Post by Brian2014 »

Brian2014
My cats species list: 4 (i:4, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:4, p:54)
Spotted: 1
Location 2: Birmingham uk

Re: New pleco meet Uk

Post by Brian2014 »

For thoses with out facebook

We invite you to join us on Saturday 26th November for our first "Wiltshire Pleco's" meet up at Melksham Maidenhead Aquatics. From 11am to 6pm the doors are open for all us to finally meet and have the chance to talk about our great hobby.

This is going to be a trial run to see how much interest there is for something like this in the west or even the south for that matter. This is going to be a Loricariidae aimed meet but with future intentions with for all South American fish to be included.

The manager at Maidenhead has plans to bring in lots of various species of Loricariidae for you. He will also be offering them at very good prices. Lists of fish will be added as we get closer to the day.

Plans for the afternoon will also be confirmed but the main thing is for you to show your support for a future South American South West Fish Club in the making.

We want to hear your ideas as well. After all, this will be for your future club.

We have a fantastic raffle with great prizes already in the bag.

The emphasis on this will be to meet up and have a chat. No talks will take place this time.

We want you to be the first to know about the exciting venture for us. We really hope you can show your face at least for a couple of hours at least.

This isn't just for people in the west. The doors are open for all.
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2671)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Post by bekateen »

This is coming up soon. I wish you a wonderful turnout - more people than you planned for!

Cheers, Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
dw1305
Location 1: Corsham, UK
Location 2: Bath, UK
Interests: Natural History, Ecology, Plants, Biotopes, Taxonomy, Nitrification, Cricket & Northern Soul

Post by dw1305 »

Hi all,
I'm hoping to turn up for some part of the day (I live just up the road).

If any-one is after an Asellus aquaticus or Cragonyx pseudogracilis culture, PM me as I have spare cultures.

cheers Darrel
Runner bean
Location 1: Wiltshire
Location 2: Westbury

Post by Runner bean »

Hi
Would like to thank you for turning up Darren was nice to meet you we had a good turn up in number's was a good day. Cheers for the leafs and could you tell me the name of the little bugs you gave me cheers
Bean
Hope to see you at the next one.
dw1305
Interests: Natural History, Ecology, Plants, Biotopes, Taxonomy, Nitrification, Cricket & Northern Soul

Post by dw1305 »

Hi all,
Runner bean wrote:Cheers for the leafs and could you tell me the name of the little bugs you gave me cheers.
Hope to see you at the next one.
It was good to see people. I'm hoping to come to the next one as well.

The leaves were Quercus rubra (American Red Oak), and the crustaceans were a mix of Asellus aquaticus and Crangonyx pseudogracilis. Asellus is the flat brown one that crawls about, and Crangonyx (http://www.bioimages.org.uk/html/r156147.htm) the green one that swims or crawls.

cheers Darrel
Runner bean
Location 1: Wiltshire
Location 2: Westbury

Post by Runner bean »

Hi all
The next Wiltshire pleco event is on Saturday the 25th of March at Maidenhead aquatics in Melksham again lots of fishes at good prices. live breeding set ups and questions and answers through out the day more details to be added and most of all lots of like minded people all in one place. Event not to be missed we hope to see you there https://www.facebook.com/events/1161863477244751/?ti=as
dw1305

Post by dw1305 »

Hi all,
Runner bean wrote: 12 Feb 2017, 02:10 The next Wiltshire pleco event is on Saturday the 25th of March at Maidenhead aquatics in Melksham
I'll pop in at some point Saturday morning. If any-one wants any plants, structural leaf litter or live food cultures, PM me and I'll bring them over.

cheers Darrel

Return to “Speak Easy”