Hello from Southwestern Missouri

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
swmotom
Location 1: Newtonia, Missouri
Location 2: USA

Hello from Southwestern Missouri

Post by swmotom »

Hello, new member from southwestern Missouri here.

I'm not currently keeping any catfish species, but I've kept them (among other freshwater fish species) in the past. I'm planning on getting back into the aquarium hobby soon. I'm particularly interested in members of the families Callichthydae and Claroteidae.

I've maintained aquariums on and off, both privately and professionally, for several years. During the summers of 2009 and 2010, I worked with the United States Fish and Wildlife Service as a hatchery technician caring for Pallid Sturgeon (Scaphirhynchus albus) and Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). For the past three years, I've been volunteering with the Association of Zoos & Aquariums as both a docent at a local accredited zoo and a citizen scientist in the FrogWatch USA program. I've had a combined 4 years working in the animal rescue field, and I'm currently employed as a kennel manager and canine behaviorist for a local humane society.

Aside from fish, I've kept many different species of reptiles, amphibians, and invertebrates.

That's me in a nutshell. I look forward to discovering what this forum and community have to offer, and engaging in discussion myself.

Thank you.
MarcW
I've donated: $148.00!
My images: 4
My cats species list: 46 (i:9, k:19)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:1)
My BLogs: 12 (i:16, p:575)
My Wishlist: 55
Spotted: 42
Location 1: Hampshire
Location 2: UK

Re: Hello from Southwestern Missouri

Post by MarcW »

Welcome!

Hopefully you find lots of useful information here to help you get back into the hobby.

When you get around to setting up a tank or two again, it'd be great to see some pictures.
Viktor Jarikov
My images: 11
My cats species list: 25 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 4
Location 1: Naples, FL

Post by Viktor Jarikov »

Welcome to the Planet! You sound like a great addition to our populace.
Thebiggerthebetter
fish-story.com
swmotom
Location 1: Newtonia, Missouri

Post by swmotom »

Thank you!

I've got an empty 50 gallon tank I'd like to do something with eventually, but that won't be for a few months at least, because I'm going to be moving soon. In the meantime, I'm planning on setting up a 10 gallon in my office at work featuring a "nano" species. Not sure what species that will be yet.

Return to “Speak Easy”