Thanks for taking the time to read this. I've been keeping fish for over 15 years and have reasonable success with it. I keep tropical and more basic species but have learned allot along the way. I accept I still have lots to learn because the world never stops it changes all the time and improvements are forever coming along.
Over the last few years I have been concentrating heavily on making my fish keeping easier, tanks stable and what equipment actually works well and provides good value for money. The cost of electricity for example has gone up rapidly in the UK so LED lights and lower wattage equipment is a big deal now.
Some information I am planning on providing for free as like most things if you spend long enough hunting you can find or do and learn it yourself.
The idea of the planner is a £17 downloadable item so you can print it at home. The contents are not yet concrete but the basics will be
- How to plan your tank maintenance (Biggest mistakes I ever made were because I forgot to do things that were not frequently needed or wasted time and money doing them too often).
- Checking it is working correctly for you
- Reduce the things you need to remember and do every day with cost effective solutions.
- How to do big water changes without shocking the fish
- Basic lighting control and why you need to adjust it a little throughout the year
- How to safely do water changes without lifting buckets (This won't be possible for everyone)
- How to check requirements for fish and compatibility
Now a few questions -
Would anyone be interested in this?
Do you think think it provides good value?
For the senior members of the board I would love to send you a draft for free and get some feed back. I know if you ask 100 fish keepers how to keep fish you will get 100 different answers but I'm hoping to put the basics out in a easy to follow set of systems. The controversial methods won't be in the pack as they divide opinion too much and are not as easy to implement.
Oh and of course the planet Catfish forum would get a discount code as I value this board and it's members.