Corydoras hastatus

Items sought in continental Europe.
teleboge
Location 2: Campania - Italy

Corydoras hastatus

Post by teleboge »

Hi,
I'm an Italian aquarist looking for a group of Corydoras hastatus (I refer to the true ones, actually I'm not looking for similar species such as Corydoras pygmaeus). I'm interested in buying a certain number of individuals (up to 30-40 fishes), but I will consider to buy smaller numbers according to your stock availability. I live in Italy, so international shipping would be required. Please contact me both here and privately. Thanks a lot.

Francesco
Richard B
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 9
My images: 11
My cats species list: 37 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:47)
Spotted: 10
Location 1: on the sofa, or maybe at work?
Location 2: Warwickshire: UK
Interests: Tanganyika Catfish, African catfish, Non-loricariid sucker-catfish.
Running, drinking, eating, sci-fi, stapelids

Re: Corydoras hastatus

Post by Richard B »

Here in the UK hastatus are not seen very often - habrosus & pygmaeus are quite common. Larry (Apistomaster) breeds these & has some stunning fish but i don't know if he'd ship from the USA? Look up some of his posts for pics etc.
Lou: Every young man's fantasy is to have a three-way.
Jacob: Yeah not with another fu**!ng guy!
Lou: It's still a three-way!

Hot Tub Time Machine: 2010
Carp37
My cats species list: 16 (i:7, k:0)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:6)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:75)
Location 2: Aughton UK
Interests: fish, fishing, fossils, evolution/taxonomy, films

Post by Carp37 »

also be careful- pygmaeus are often imported as hastatus and labelled as such in even the best LFS, even though they don't look (much) alike.
Megalechis thoracata, Callichthys callichthys, Brochis splendens (and progeny), Corydoras sterbai, C. weitzmani, CW044 cf. pestai, CW021 cf. axelrodi, Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps, Ancistrus cf. cirrhosus (and progeny), Panaque maccus, Panaque nigrolineatus, Synodontis eupterus
teleboge

Post by teleboge »

Thanks both for your replies. I've already contacted Larry (Apistomaster) privately and I've also taken a look at a picture of his amazing school of Corydoras hastatus. Unfortunately he cannot sell any of his guys right now, he just keeps the number of individuals he needs to maintain the line.

I've just found out there's at least one fish dealer in Holland who is supposed to sell true C. hastatus, unfortunately he doesn't ship elsewhere in Europe, which thing is a bit frustrating.
Bas Pels
My images: 1
My cats species list: 28 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: the Netherlands
Location 2: Nijmegen the Netherlands
Interests: Central American and Uruguayan fishes

Post by Bas Pels »

Perhaps the Dutch memeber can help you?

As far as I know, we are with 10 or more slightly active ones - and if you are lucky, some of us have friends in Italy, or in southern Germany - or another way to transport them might become available

On a personal note, I might even be interested myself - but perhaps you better answer on the forum, not by PM
cats have whiskers
teleboge

Post by teleboge »

Thank you for offering me your help, Bas Pels. If you think you can help me with shipping or even if you are just interested in those fishes too, I can post the dealer's website address here (I mean if I don't violate the forum rules by doing that). On the other hand, If you were thinking to a way of transportation through a sort of relay, it would be even harder because I live in the southern part of the Italian peninsula.. I don't know.
Bas Pels
My images: 1
My cats species list: 28 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: the Netherlands
Location 2: Nijmegen the Netherlands
Interests: Central American and Uruguayan fishes

Post by Bas Pels »

I was interested in the fishes myself, but I also thought, people do go to Italy sometimes, and miracles do happen

It could be someone on this forum - from NL - goes to Italy for skying, or so - but people going to the south, they do, but a bit later in the year
cats have whiskers
teleboge

Post by teleboge »

So if someone on the forum - from Netherlands - is going to come to Italy in the next future, please let me know it..

Bas Pels, I'm telling you that website address privately. If you find out there's a big in stock availability of C. hastatus, let me know.

Return to “Wanted (Europe)”