My Fish: record of removed species kept in Cat-elog & breeding log

For the reporting of bugs, error messages or things being down / unavailable.
Melander
I've donated: $10.00!
My images: 9
My cats species list: 18 (i:7, k:0)
My aquaria list: 12 (i:5)
My BLogs: 6 (i:1, p:160)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: Wicklow
Location 2: Ireland

My Fish: record of removed species kept in Cat-elog & breeding log

Post by Melander »

A few years ago I made a mistake by registering a kept (and bred species) in My Aquaria that turned out being something else.

I proceeded to remove the species in My Aquaria, I should probably have chosen "change species, keep data".

The species was removed from My Aquaria but I still show up as a keeper under the species data sheet, and also under breeding reports. The species in question is Ancistrus sp. L100.

Apologies for entering incorrect data, there is not rush on this from my part I just wanted to highlight it to the administrators as there might be other cases like this. Also I'm not 100% that it's a bug or If I simply did things in the wrong order.

All the best and thank you for all the good work!

Andreas
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2653)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Re: My Fish: record of removed species kept in Cat-elog & breeding log

Post by bekateen »

I too have a mistake I can't delete. During a spawning frenzy in my community tank in February, I had some odd color fry which I thought were (as posted here: What do ambiacus fry look like? (Dang, probably not this). So I created a BLOG report to document the conditions and growth. But the fry turned out to be another species, one which I had already spawned, and for which I already had another BLOG. I've gone back and deleted as much of the ambiacus BLOG report as the website will allow, but I'd like to delete this report all together if possible please.

To be clear, I actually do keep these fish, so I don't want to delete my species kept record (as does the OP), but I do wish to delete my BLOG report for C. ambiacus.

Thank you,
Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

Hmmm, OK, I will have a look at it. It's probably just that the species page isn't taking into account that the record has been marked as deleted. I will look at the L100 example above first.

Cheers,

Jools
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

Eric, I'm looking at taking this enhancement on. Would you simply want to delete a BLOG, or would you also want to move the blog from one species to another?

Cheers,

Jools
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

Melander wrote: 26 Mar 2016, 11:16 A few years ago I made a mistake by registering a kept (and bred species) in My Aquaria that turned out being something else.

I proceeded to remove the species in My Aquaria, I should probably have chosen "change species, keep data".

The species was removed from My Aquaria but I still show up as a keeper under the species data sheet, and also under breeding reports. The species in question is Ancistrus sp. L100.
You can use "change species, keep data" on the My Cats page to correct the species even if it's removed from an aquarium.

However, there is no way to alter the BLOG - let's discuss that in this thread as "what we need to do"!

Cheers,

Jools
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2653)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Post by bekateen »

Jools wrote: 07 Oct 2023, 13:38 Eric, I'm looking at taking this enhancement on. Would you simply want to delete a BLOG, or would you also want to move the blog from one species to another?

Cheers,

Jools
Hi Jools,

I wanted to delete the ambiacus report, but I see it's gone already. Either you deleted it, or i fixed it years ago by reassigning the report to another species I had spawned... I can't recall the latter, although maybe, but of not, thanks. :d

Cheers Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

OK, cool, but it still remains I should look at being able to reassign or remove a particular BLOG - will keep things here for now.

Cheers,

Jools

Return to “Bugs”