Paralithoxus cf. raso

Incorrect ID? New info to be added, taxonomic revisions and any kind of changes to the data we currently hold in here please!
Karsten S.
My images: 30
Spotted: 20
Location 1: Ludwigsburg - Germany
Location 2: Ludwigsburg - Germany

Paralithoxus cf. raso

Post by Karsten S. »

Hi,

the pictures on the species page of Paralithoxus cf. raso do not show P. raso and also not L 435 (which might be identical with P. raso).
The colouration is quite off, both species/forms have spots that are approximately the size of the orbital diameter. Furthermore P. raso has significantly longer pectoral spines.

I don't see any similarity with P. raso / L 435 that would go beyond the generic affiliation.
As this specimen most likely originated from pet trade without known origin and don't want to speculate on species level.

Cheers,
--

Karsten
Karsten S.
My images: 30
Spotted: 20
Location 1: Ludwigsburg - Germany
Location 2: Ludwigsburg - Germany

Re: Paralithoxus cf. raso

Post by Karsten S. »

Hi,

the location is wrong for P. raso and also for L 435 (=LDA066), both froms originate from Amapa, Brazil.
The pictures are showing a form that is IMHO certainly something different and nearly for sure it also did not come from Guyana.

If you continue to use the page for L 435 you should update the location and better remove the picture. The identification of Paralithoxus of unknown locations is nearly impossible.

Cheers,
--

Karsten
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: Paralithoxus cf. raso

Post by Jools »

Ok, will look at it. The pictures () there come from @lko - perhaps he knows more about where they came from and what they might be. I will ask.

Thanks Karsten for reminding me to correct this.

Cheers,

Jools

Return to “Cat-eLog data issues”