Fish Room in progress.

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
pleconut
I've donated: $35.00!
My cats species list: 35 (i:23, k:0)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:3)
My BLogs: 3 (i:4, p:154)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Bournemouth
Location 2: UK

Fish Room in progress.

Post by pleconut »

Hi folks,

I have to confess M. T. S (multiple tank syndrome) has got the better of me. Time for a fish room. So this topic is for the report on the progress of building my fish room. Still very much in the planning stages currently, there will be 2-3 storey racks of tanks along 3 & 1/2of the walls. What I'm planning to build first with help from some friends with far better DIY skills. (Than me!) I'll also call upon the assistance of the local LFS. These are the proposed plans:

In the centre of the room, for all round access into the tanks. There will be an island, for various pleco breeding projects ("pleco island!") . This will include 2× 4'×18"×15"tanks, 1 for my L397s. Then 2 3' ×18"×15" for another 2 pleco projects (way too many to choose from!).

Both 4fts- the other is a divided fry tank- will be situated at each end of the 3fts. So there is a gap of 1×3ft in the center of "pleco island", and here will be situated the lighting system (for working in the tanks), and the pipework for all the equipment. All the equipment will be in kept in cupboards built underneath. The racks on the walls will be built last, I'll get around to reporting on this eventually.

This is a long term project, and i estimate it will take about a year or so, to build the fish room entirely.

So here is where you folks come into play...

Thoughts, tips, ideas, advice, experience, pros, cons, anything you want to share, as i embark on this exciting project.
Thanks Teresa

Return to “Tank Talk”