Basement fish corner

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Psy
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:0)
Location 1: NJ, USA

Basement fish corner

Post by Psy »

So through no fault of my own, I have gained a number of empty fish tanks.

3 extra 20 gal (24x12x17), a pair 29 gallon (30x12x20) tanks full of water, sitting on the floor. Plus the 2x 5g and 2x 10g). Plus a 75, it has its own stand, but it needs to go somewhere.

So basically, I need to make all these fit on stands. I could do the (24 inch) 20 talls under a 55 at the cost of 2x 55 and an fourth 20. But that leaves the 60 total inches of the 29s which wouldn't fit. I have about 15 feet of wall space I can use. Floor is very unlevel, so it would be wood so I can cut each leg to length.

I could do it perpendicular to the wall with the tanks back to back. Coming in 4-5 feet isn't a problem, and putting them on a wide stand would make the whole thing more stable on the floor.

What about an (approximately) 60x 30 2 level rack? I could put the 29s on the end perpendicular to the others. 6-8 inches between the tanks should allow for an auto drain system too. This actually seems a lot like a lot fish shop set ups now. I have a super luft pump that could run sponges in all of them.

Return to “Tank Talk”