520L South American

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Anomalie
Location 1: France
Location 2: Jarny

520L South American

Post by Anomalie »

Hello all,

First, let me introduce me.
I'm a French aquarist (so sorry for my poor english) and I'm currently setting up a 150*50*70cm Tank (520 liters) for South American "brown" water fishes.

I have for the moment a group of 30 Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi (the group will be more consequent soon), and three Panaqolus L397.
In the futur, I would like to had a group of Pterophyllum, may be altums if I found them in France, or wild-type scalar (thinking : not commercial albinos, colour-mixed,etc).

The Tank is filled with soft rainwater, a little acidic with brown water, with many woods and massive anubia/microsorum plants. I will ad a picture here when I have time.

So, my questions :
I would like to introduce in this tank a group of corydoras. Thus, I search species that are in agreement with the temperature 26-28°C, however Cat-eLog of corydoras species show more fresh waters for the some species I searched.
With your experience in Callichthyidae, I wonder if you can guide me to some corydoras species I could ad in the Tank.
I'm looking not specially for very rare species, but if I should avoid the most common species (aeneus, panda,...) I will be even more happy.

Best regards.
MarcW
I've donated: $148.00!
My images: 4
My cats species list: 46 (i:9, k:19)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:1)
My BLogs: 12 (i:16, p:575)
My Wishlist: 55
Spotted: 42
Location 1: Hampshire
Location 2: UK

Re: 520L South American

Post by MarcW »

Hello,

Sounds like a nice tank you are putting together.

If you search the cat-elog with a Distribution of Lower Amazon (where your L397 are from), and select Callichthyidae, then Corydoras as the Family and Genus names it returns 36 results, as they are caught near to the L397 they should be ok with similar temperatures, most seem hard to get hold of, but there are a few which have several keepers listed, e.g. and shouldn't be too hard to find.

Hope this gives you a good starting point.
Jobro
My cats species list: 12 (i:7, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:3)
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Germany
Location 2: Allgäu

Re: 520L South American

Post by Jobro »

C. Sterbai is beautifull, easy to find in europe and said to be comfortable with higher temps.
follow my Plecos on Instagram: welsgefluester

Return to “Tank Talk”