Stocking A 50 Gallon Lowboy

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Pizpor
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Minnesota

Stocking A 50 Gallon Lowboy

Post by Pizpor »

Hello fellow forum members,
Forgive me if I have posted in the wrong section as I am new to this forum, However, I was looking into some advice on stocking my new 50 gallon lowboy. I would love to include pictus catfish in my tank, however I have heard that they need to be kept in groups of 6 plus so they may not work out. Additionally I would like to include Hoplo cats and maybe some corries. I'm out of town for the next week, so I will not be able to look at replies.
Thanks!
Pizpor
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Minnesota

Re: Stocking A 50 Gallon Lowboy

Post by Pizpor »

One more quick thing, I was looking into perhaps adding some upside down catfish. The water parameters they need seem to match up with a lot of south american catfish.
ThePsychotiCatfish
My cats species list: 5 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Sydney
Location 2: Australia

Re: Stocking A 50 Gallon Lowboy

Post by ThePsychotiCatfish »

If you want upside down catfish that depends on if you want the asian USD or the african USD, as for pictus cats I've successfully kept a lone individual for a few years now and it seems to be doing fine. Obviously a group is better though.

Return to “Tank Talk”