My juwel lidos

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
FishyMcFishFish
My cats species list: 11 (i:3, k:0)
My aquaria list: 5 (i:1)
My BLogs: 5 (i:0, p:46)
My Wishlist: 61
Spotted: 12
Location 1: England
Location 2: Manchester

My juwel lidos

Post by FishyMcFishFish »

Hi! this is my first post on here and Its good to be able to finally have a voice and reply and give opinions so...yay! woo! Now onto the important stuff (to me anyway)

So. I have two 120litre juwel lidos that are set up next to each other that contian my pride and joy.

In tank 1 there is a breeding pair of calico bristlenose, their latest batch of fry, a vampire shrimp (will probably get moved) and a lonely neon tetra who stuck around for years after the rest fo his school died. the tank is a mess at the moment but it will be fixed and completely rescaped at around late november/early december. There are about 4 large amazon swords in it, a bt of valis adn a huge(like 2ft) piece of beautiful driftwood which I plan to use to scpe my big community tank.(it will get taken out) this tank isn't run on the 'juwel built in filter' it is run on a big canister filter which is rather innefective, I am planning to get a new big airpump and run three big sponge filters on it to replace this and make my life easier
in tank 2 there are 7 corydoras leopardus (who I now suspect are all male), 7 amano shrimp, 1 lonely black neon tetra and a bristlenose whos parents were a super red and a caramel but she turned out black and white with a white seam on the end of her tail. (I don't own the parents I bought her from my lfs)

My question are this:
My lfs recently got in some rineloricaria lancelota whiptail cats(some have a lot of red/orange colouration) and I was wondering if I could grow some of these out and breed them succesfully in the same tank as the calico bristlenose without predation of fry? so can they be raised with the adults? will the female whiptail cause problems like eat bn or whiptail fry? will fry need removing?
The lfs also got in some sturisoma panamese.I know I cant fit all in the tank but I was wondering would these work too or not?

I'm thinking of getting more Leopardus so that I can have females and maybe breed them. should I remove the bn that is in that tank? will she cause problems? can she go in with the calicos? Would she breed with the male? if so what would the fry look like?

the lfs also has 2 of beautiful mega clown plecos (l340) that have much thicker white lines than most planet catfish pics. I know these guys need a meetier diet but would they work in either tank?

I'm sorry for my bombardment of questions but I have so much crammed into my head.
FishyMcFishFish
My cats species list: 11 (i:3, k:0)
My aquaria list: 5 (i:1)
My BLogs: 5 (i:0, p:46)
My Wishlist: 61
Spotted: 12
Location 1: England
Location 2: Manchester

Re: My juwel lidos

Post by FishyMcFishFish »

I meant 6 corydoras leopardus not 7 and as a side note they are wc

Return to “Tank Talk”