Ompok catfish infection?

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
FatCatDoorMat
My images: 7
My cats species list: 21 (i:5, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
My Wishlist: 13
Spotted: 22
Location 1: kolkata
Location 2: West Bengal

Ompok catfish infection?

Post by FatCatDoorMat »

After I reeleased a Mystus gulio in my main tank, everything seemed fine. I finished the copper treatment in the main tank and added a dewormer (albendazole). From the next day, all of my cats stopped eating. I thought it was due to the Mystus, who up to this point had recovered beautifully, regrowing fins and whiskers. I isolated the Mystus. Then did a PWC in the main tank and added acriflavine, but the condition of the Ompoks have continued to worsen. I've been doing daily WCs but the Ompoks haven't recovered. They show signs of Mild Finrot, cloudy eye, and curled barbels. I don't have a test kit rn but I feel this has progressed into a bacterial infection. Should I do salt baths or stuff like that? Should I continue with the acriflavine treatment?
Viktor Jarikov
My images: 11
My cats species list: 25 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 4
Location 1: Naples, FL
Location 2: USA

Re: Ompok catfish infection?

Post by Viktor Jarikov »

Medicating should be considered only after all other troubleshooting comes up empty, first and foremost the water quality tests. I understand the timing argument, it is suspicious, but it doesn't eliminate the need for basic troubleshooting.
Thebiggerthebetter
fish-story.com
RobinSm89
Location 1: USA
Location 2: New York

Re: Ompok catfish infection?

Post by RobinSm89 »

I think that salt baths can help, maybe try them some more. I once had a similar situation, it helped me

Return to “Tank Talk”