Mixing Different sized Pseuda pleco

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
squid
Location 1: Philippines.
Interests: Tropical fish, internet, swimming, sleeping...

Mixing Different sized Pseuda pleco

Post by squid »

I recently bought a 2 inch L25 pleco.
I placed him into my pleco tank which houses some bigger L24s , L200, L128, L048 and L014.

since i bought him i have not seen him come out to eat, though i know his hiding spot in the big Driftwood , every time i drop some food my old PSeudas would come out to eat , since i've had them for a while now, but have not seen my L25 come out to join them.

how do i make sure he also gets food to eat? i do drop a lot of food even when lights off but not sure if he comes out.

or would it be better to have him in a separate tank on his own?
Barbie
Expert
I've donated: $360.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 16
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 58 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Spokane, WA
Location 2: USA

Re: Mixing Different sized Pseuda pleco

Post by Barbie »

This one is hard to say, honestly. They can be quite obnoxious with newcomers. I would probably put him in a separate tank if you have one up and established already, just to ensure that shipping stress didn't keep him from thriving.

Barbie
squid
Location 1: Philippines.
Interests: Tropical fish, internet, swimming, sleeping...

Re: Mixing Different sized Pseuda pleco

Post by squid »

Barbie wrote: 31 Oct 2019, 05:47 This one is hard to say, honestly. They can be quite obnoxious with newcomers. I would probably put him in a separate tank if you have one up and established already, just to ensure that shipping stress didn't keep him from thriving.

Barbie
thanks :) wow its already been a year since i've got him. he's been able to survive, only grew an inch in a years time :)

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”