- Bristlenose 94
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 11:52 pm
- My cats species list: 15 (i:0, k:8)
- My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
- Spotted: 10
- Location 1: NJ
- Location 2: USA
What happened? Every other fish in the tank, including an L056 and a Hypostomus luteus, are all doing just fine.
He is in a QT tank now, with both an HOB and sponge filter to really oxygenate the water, and just got a dose of API general cure.
Anyone got any advice?
- Posts: 6699
- Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:50 pm
- I've donated: $40.00!
- My articles: 4
- My images: 65
- My cats species list: 107 (i:37, k:43)
- My aquaria list: 30 (i:14)
- My BLogs: 35 (i:120, p:1816)
- My Wishlist: 39
- Spotted: 131
- Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
- Location 2: USA, California, Stockton
Honestly, this sounds like ammonia burn to me. I appreciate that you say all other fish seem fine, but the finnage loss and surfacing to breathe seems like classic high ammonia, perhaps coupled with low oxygen. Your therapy of qt with general cure sounds okay. Maybe add another air stone and keep water immaculate.