Corydoras loretoensis

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Axelrodi202
Location 1: NJ
Location 2: United States

Corydoras loretoensis

Post by Axelrodi202 »

Anyone keep this species? How hard/easy is it? I'm hoping to get some for my 120 gallon planted tank but haven't kept cories in years so don't want anything too difficult. I can't seem to find many people's experiences online.
Narwhal72
I've donated: $100.00!
My cats species list: 100 (i:0, k:4)
My BLogs: 29 (i:0, p:400)
Spotted: 32
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Milwaukee, WI
Interests: Whiptails, hoplo cats, corys, plecos

Re: Corydoras loretoensis

Post by Narwhal72 »

I have been keeping them for awhile now. Another member of the club has been breeding them and I first had his fry and now I have his breeders.

Not much different in care than any other cory. Sand bottom, feed flakes, blackworms, other sinking foods. I haven't had any luck spawning them which is the only thing I would say is more difficult about them.

Andy
homerno1
My cats species list: 25 (i:11, k:2)
My BLogs: 3 (i:5, p:77)
Spotted: 16
Location 1: Horssen
Location 2: The Netherlands

Post by homerno1 »

I have a sweet group of 10 aswell. Mine are wildcaught. They are doing great over here. Not a really hard species to keep. Like Narwhal72 says, they eat just fine. They had to get used to Sera Viformo tablets, but like them now. Love frozen black mosquito, frozen artemia and fresh tubifex when available.

Breeding them seems to be a whole different ball game. They have not spawned over here, although the bellies of some of the ladies are really nice and full.

Narwhal72...please ask the gentleman you got them from what he did to get them to spawn? Information on this topic is not really good to find...All extra info is welcome!
eric3333
My images: 10
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 7
Location 2: Stevens Point, WI, USA

Post by eric3333 »

Hello homerno1,

I am the person Narwhal72 is referring to. They had spawned a few times for me when I had them. Please follow the link as it has info about some of the spawnings that I had happen with this group. They are nice corys and I still have a small group of young ones that I am growing up. Good luck with your group. viewtopic.php?t=43639

Eric
eric3333
My images: 10
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 7
Location 2: Stevens Point, WI, USA

Post by eric3333 »

Just realized that you already know about this info. Sorry about that.

Eric

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”