Panda Cories

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
WhistlingBadger
Location 1: Wind River Country
Location 2: Wyoming
Interests: 150g planted tank with rainbows, emerald cories, zebra loaches, and panda garra.

When I'm not wrangling fish, I can usually be found running up and down mountains, shooting primitive bows at edible animals, playing celtic music, and trying to keep track of my wife and daughter.

Panda Cories

Post by WhistlingBadger »

Just thought I'd share a couple pics of my favorite cory. I used to have false bandit cories in this tank, and never saw them except for a quick glimpse at feeding time. These little guys, on the other hand, are always out in the open doing fun things, even when the angelfish are on the prowl for something to eat. Highly recommended. :)
cory1.jpg
cory2.jpg
cory3.jpg
Last edited by WhistlingBadger on 11 Jul 2018, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
Tony4143
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:30)
My BLogs: 3 (i:0, p:27)
My Wishlist: 34
Spotted: 44
Location 1: Tampa, Florida
Location 2: USA
Interests: Church, Family, Plecos, Corys, and fast cars

Re: Panda Cories

Post by Tony4143 »

No images show up?
-Tony
WhistlingBadger
Interests: 150g planted tank with rainbows, emerald cories, zebra loaches, and panda garra.

When I'm not wrangling fish, I can usually be found running up and down mountains, shooting primitive bows at edible animals, playing celtic music, and trying to keep track of my wife and daughter.

How about now? Sorry, pretty new to this forum and still figuring out how things work. ha ha ha
CorySlo
My cats species list: 7 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:1, p:18)
Location 1: Europe
Location 2: EU

Post by CorySlo »

I must say I love pandas(also all the other ;) ) it's one of best views when you see group of them swiming together.

But dont know where is the problem, I keep and breed diferent species but always, have the problem with health of pandas.
Once i got a bit larger ones and for some time they were also spawning, had some fry but after some time they get sick(adults and fry).
If i would have problems also with other species i would say ok, i have some serious problems but only pandas?
Anyone else with such problems?
WhistlingBadger

Cory, what is the temperature of your tank? I've heard pandas need coolish water, but that's true of other cories, too.
CorySlo

Post by CorySlo »

Yes, at the moment the T is high around 27°C withouth cooling down.
But this is already third group(but from same store) with same problems, so i wouldnt go with T.

It couldbe that i managed to stop it this time. We will have to wait. I tried few diferent medications. But it looks like that it had to be something that JBL Oodinol had stoped for now. Lost 3 out of 10. Others are acting normaly at the moment.
WhistlingBadger

Good luck!
cichlidlife
Location 1: United States of America
Location 2: southeast

Post by cichlidlife »

i have heard that pandas and skunks are a little more sensitive to water parameters and diseases than other corys generally are.
CorySlo

Post by CorySlo »

After some time, those that survived were able to produce some fry. So now i have also some young pandas. Finaly after long long time to get them to good health.
WhistlingBadger

Oh, that is cool! I've never had fry from mine, but it could happen. Now that I think of it, my South America tank is so overgrown that it could be happening and I'd never know about it! ha ha ha

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”