Adding more corydoras

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Lurcher
Location 1: London
Location 2: England

Adding more corydoras

Post by Lurcher »

Could you please advise me,i have a large planted tank,L40”xw16”xH26”.approx 260 litres with EFX400 external filter.W/C=30%per week ,all parameters good and varied diet daily.tank contains ,3young Yoyo loaches,6bronze corydoras,6peppered corydoras 12 cardinal tetras and 1sae.i know of 12 bronze corydoras which are neglected and i can obtain.i want to give them a better life and my question is ,will my tank be large enough to add them? I would quarantine them for 1month before adding.i could transfer the 12 cardinals to another community tank if i need to.any help from you guys would be gratefully received. Thank you.
Shane
Expert
My articles: 69
My images: 161
My catfish: 75
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:4)
Spotted: 99
Location 1: Tysons
Location 2: Virginia

Re: Adding more corydoras

Post by Shane »

Your tank is roughly 68 gallons. I do not think many of us would consider a 68 gallon tank with 24 Corydoras, 3 loaches, an SAE, and 12 small tetras remotely over stocked. My only suggestion would be to up your water changes to 40% for 2-3 weeks after adding the new fish. This will allow your filtration time to adjust to the increased bioload.
-Shane
"My journey is at an end and the tale is told. The reader who has followed so faithfully and so far, they have the right to ask, what do I bring back? It can be summed up in three words. Concentrate upon Uganda."
Winston Churchill, My African Journey
Lurcher
Location 1: London
Location 2: England

Re: Adding more corydoras

Post by Lurcher »

Shane thank you very much for your help.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”