Corydoras flashing often.

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Woodh
My cats species list: 6 (i:2, k:5)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: Linkoping
Location 2: Sweden

Corydoras flashing often.

Post by Woodh »

I am starting to lose my sanity over my cw009 corydoras.

Quick recap- got 7 of them some months ago, during introduction to (cycled) quarantine tank one of them showed signs of what I believed to be hemorrhagic septicemia, it made it through the first couple of days, about a month later one of them just died(figured it might have been the one who had initial problems), then a couple of weeks later I found another dead in the morning, no visibile signs, no eating problems, nothing out of the ordinairy with water parameters(atleast nothing that I can test for).

Figured something within the tank itself might be wrong(something in the substrate which came from a, in hindsight, dubious source.. maybe) or maybe if something got into it from outside since it was close to a window. Anyway I moved them over to another tank and that's pretty much what's happened up to today. The 5 remaning are eating, foraging and what not but they are constantly flashing on the substrate. I can't see any signs of parasites(gills might be abit red but I have nothing to compare with really). They are in a well aerated tank and water parameters checks out- the other fish(a Bristlenose and some tetras) shows zero signs of discomfort.

Any ideas? I am suspecting gill flukes as a possible culprit but that would be a totally random guess other than that the gills are the only thing that maybe looks abit off to me, keep in mind I never kept corydoras up till half a year ago.

Thanks in advance.
aquaholic
My images: 1
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Australia
Interests: Catfish, tankbusters and cichlids

Re: Corydoras flashing often.

Post by aquaholic »

Could be white spot (ich). It's hard to see on armoured fish because it's under the plates
Woodh
My cats species list: 6 (i:2, k:5)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: Linkoping
Location 2: Sweden

Re: Corydoras flashing often.

Post by Woodh »

aquaholic wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 08:54 Could be white spot (ich). It's hard to see on armoured fish because it's under the plates
I suppose it could be but they seem very active and the other fishes don't show any signs/spots either, I do have Waterlife Protozin at home but I don't know if it's compatible with corydoras.. if it is I could treat the tank and see if that helps I guess, so far I didn't put any chems in there since I don't know what's going on.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”