Rare Batrochoglanis Sp.-Peru

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
yellowcat
I've donated: $105.00!
My images: 74
My cats species list: 38 (i:36, k:15)
Spotted: 40
Location 1: Los Angeles
Location 2: USA
Interests: auchenoglaninae, pimelodidae, pseudopimelodidae, doradidae

Rare Batrochoglanis Sp.-Peru

Post by yellowcat »

IMG_0450.jpg
After looking for years I finally found this Batrochoglanis species, the last time I found any batrochoglanis for sale anywhere, other than the common b. raninus was in 2016, got it then and sadly, lost it last year. I'll start with the photos taken yesterday when I received it:
[attachment=4]P1013023.JPG[/attachmen[attachment=1]P1013031.JPG[/attachment The fish is 23cm (9") long TL
in a 40G tank and feeding on nightcrawler worms and frozen shrimp. When I found the fish for sale I immediately called the seller, (he had 2) I first asked if they were in the same tank? He replied yes but with a divider as even then they were fiercely going at each other, confirming my suspicions, as many pseudopimelodids I've kept won't get along with their conspecifics or related species. Asking about feeding, he responded that they are eating market shrimp, much to my surprise as the batrochoglanis I've kept in the past refused anything but live feeder fish, expensive tank mates and earthworms so good news on that front! Now begins the problem of I.D., topic for my next post...
Attachments
P1013031.JPG
IMG_0449.jpg
IMG_0434.jpg
P1013023.JPG
Africa: Claroteidae- P. monkei, 3-P. punctatus, A. occidentalis-Volta, 3-A. biscutatus, 2-N. macrostoma. Mocho.- syno. batensoda, 2-syno. pardalis. South America: Pimelodids-p. blochii, 2-platysilurus mucosus. Pseudopim's- 2-lophiosilurus alexandri, batrochoglanis cf. villosus. Doradidae-anadoras grypus, 2-rhinodoras dorbigny, 2-wertheimeria maculata

Return to “South American Catfishes (Everything else)”