Blackwater cats

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from Asia.
wlm
Location 1: County Meath
Location 2: Ireland

Blackwater cats

Post by wlm »

Hi,
I'm interested in getting some Asian Blackwater Catfish. Malaysian or Indonesian species. A huge bonus would be species from Bangka Island but I would be happy with natives from Borneo, Java and Sumatra. Can anyone point me in the right direction for such species and also where I might buy them? Preferably in Ireland or UK. I would also prefer something I could breed and is not likely to make a meal of other fish.
I'm hoping I'm not asking for too much 8-}
I'm also looking for some Centromochlus (Tatia) perugiae or should I make a post for those in one of the South American sections?
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Re: Blackwater cats

Post by Silurus »

The species you can find in Bangka are those you can find in Sumatra. So I'd go with and .
wlm

Post by wlm »

Many thanks for your help, Silurus, I appreciate it. Now to try and find some :)
joclru
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Ohio
Location 2: USA

Post by joclru »

Sounds to me like would be a good candidate. Native to Borneo and Sumatra, loves blackwater, wouldn't hurt a fly. I have some and really enjoy them. Kept singly I expect you could breed them.
wlm

Post by wlm »

That certainly looks like another good candidate as you say, joclru, I'll search for that as well, thanks.

Return to “Asian Catfishes”