My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Planet Catfish Announcement: 13 January 2007

Post by Silurus »

All~

As the first announcements of 2007, first of all, Happy New Year to everyone. This is an announcement concerning the Planet Catfish forum.

Since the forum?s launch in 2001, it?s been a resounding success and has brought together hundreds of catfish enthusiasts in a way never before achieved. It has however taken up more and more time to support as new features are added and as the forums popularity grows, it?s security has to keep pace.

In my opinion, we?ve reached the point now where the forum is so heavily modified that the recent (one every 2-3 months) upgrades of the forum to keep up with security releases has caused several bugs and inconsistencies to be introduced.

To address this I?m going ?back to basics? with a clean install of the forum software. To this I will add a FEW modifications which are (I think) essential or very nice to have and some will drop out of use. The main thing being dropped is the user album feature.

At the risk of getting this wrong again, there shouldn't be much forum downtime beyond an hour or two - if that.

These changes will take place starting today and I hope they will address several outstanding forum bugs while making the forum much easier for me to support (hence more time for me to work on the catelog!).
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 942
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

That's the worst of the upgrade work out of the way. There are several modifications to the forum that I have not reinstalled - let's see how it goes over the next few weeks.

Please post in the Site suggestions and bugs forum if you find something missing that you want back.

Jools

Return to “Site Announcements”