My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Planet Catfish Announcement: 31 August 2003

Post by Silurus »

It's the 1st of September and the ever-popular plecos feature again as catfish of the month, this time it?s the turn of L200, the Lemon Spotted Green Pleco to receive the treatment.

August was a great month at Planet, we added a whole bunch of new species, surpassed a thousand forum users and split the family Pimelodidae into Pimelodidae, Heptapteridae and Pseudopimelodidae ? something I?ve been meaning to do for a while now. Aside from that we added quite a few new species mainly in the Driftwood catfish (Auchenipteridae) and North American catfish (Ictaluridae) familes. That?s not forgetting pictures of Corydoras approuaguensis, C. carlae and C. filamentosus online for the first time as well as some brand new (you'll only see them at Planet) pictures of the Neblinichthys pilosus - a really unusual pleco.

This period of frenetic activity will be followed by a little calm as I go on holiday for two weeks, but we several articles awaiting publication and a great guest catfish of the month lined up for the second half of the month. I'll let you know when these are online too.

Finally, a lot of you have been asking about the Planet store / merchandise. We're still working on the graphics but I do hope to have something for you this month.

Return to “Site Announcements”