My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

December 19th 2011 : Email notification testing

Post by Jools »

All,

A few of you have asked for more info about email notifications and specifically the test email sent out at 0935 GMT. We sent out that email to all board members testing their current email address. Replying is optional, but many of you have. Those that do reply give us valuable information about what devices you use to read emails from us and also indicative timezone loads.

Early indications are that there are a LOT of you that receive these emails on your mobile devices which doesn't quite match with our access statistics. That said, we're only a few hours into the test and indeed those of you who still sit down at a computer to use email may take a day or more to respond. Timezones will also have an effect.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their replies and assistance, will report on this again once more emails are in.

Cheers,

Jools
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: December 19th 2011 : Email notification testing

Post by Jools »

AN update. Replies are still coming in but very infrequently. These are mostly now from email accounts that people do not check very often.

Technically the test was fully successful. Email notifications go live today. More on that elsewhere.

Several trends have emerged from the test which roll up into a few macro points. Firstly, the site is used and accessed in even more varied ways than I had imagined. Secondly the interaction with the site varies equally so. Finally, better engagement with the site IS required and that, I think, will be addressed by the notifications project.

Thanks again for the feedback,

Cheers,

Jools

Return to “Site Announcements”