Hello from Scotland

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
reaperkit
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:0)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: Stirling
Location 2: Scotland

Hello from Scotland

Post by reaperkit »

Hi,

I understand its considered reasonable to say hello here on joining the forum. My name is Kit, I live just outside Stirling in Scotland. I'm English but my wife is Scottish and we currently have two main and a reserve tank running. I've kept fish since 2001 but decided to refocus on it again having had a few years largely away from the hobby.

Thanks for taking the time to produce such an informative forum. I keep almost exclusively catfish, so I will make good use of information here, and contribute where I can.

Kit
Viktor Jarikov
My images: 11
My cats species list: 25 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 4
Location 1: Naples, FL
Location 2: USA

Re: Hello from Scotland

Post by Viktor Jarikov »

Welcome to the Planet! It sounds you will fit in here like it is home :) When/if willing, share your tanks, stock, etc. Will look forward to it.
Thebiggerthebetter
fish-story.com
Aqua_Bankie
I've donated: $50.00!
My cats species list: 14 (i:7, k:0)
Location 2: Glasgow

Post by Aqua_Bankie »

Hi Kit,

Hello from Glasgow ,good to see another Catfish keeper in Scotland.

Cheers
reaperkit
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:0)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: Stirling

Post by reaperkit »

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome. In response to the question about tanks and stock, I have 2 Juwel tanks, a Trigon 350 and a Rio 400. I also have an old clearseal 4 foot tank which I am reworking to become a breeding tank.

The Trigon contains 2 adult Platydoras armatulus, 5 Corydoras nattereri and around 10 tetras (Rummy nose and black neons). The tank is planted and contains reasonably large pieces of bogwood so the striped cats have caves to hide in. The corys seem to be happy enough just darting into cover when bothered, but thats fairly rare.

The Rio contains 3 Ancistrus still growing but quite content, 9 CW010 Corys and 3 Bronze Corys. It is much more heavily planted, and contains a huge piece of bogwood we could barely get into the tank. I also added an inverted internal filter pump with the media removed to give the corys something to play in along the bottom. Its just a gentle current but it certainly changes the water movement. The Rios filter is much more powerful but I have that with the venturi running to keep O2 levels well up.

The other tank I'm planning to maintain as a breeding tank. I may look at some smaller breeding tanks to join it sometime but priorities in life will come into play I suspect!

Kit
Viktor Jarikov
My images: 11
My cats species list: 25 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 4
Location 1: Naples, FL
Location 2: USA

Post by Viktor Jarikov »

Enjoyable description. Crafty buildup for visuals to come :) Thank you.
Thebiggerthebetter
fish-story.com
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 941
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

Aqua_Bankie wrote: 18 Nov 2018, 16:09 Hello from Glasgow ,good to see another Catfish keeper in Scotland.
Yes, always good! :-)

Jools

Return to “Speak Easy”