Tank dimensions - small height

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
kuba06
Location 1: Czech republic
Location 2: Wallachia

Tank dimensions - small height

Post by kuba06 »

Hi All,
what would you say about the tank dimensions at 150cm x 45cm x 25cm (height). I thinkig about it for some small plecos.
thank you for your ideas.
Mol_PMB
I've donated: $50.00!
My images: 5
My cats species list: 37 (i:32, k:1)
My aquaria list: 12 (i:9)
My BLogs: 8 (i:34, p:416)
Spotted: 14
Location 2: Manchester UK

Re: Tank dimensions - small height

Post by Mol_PMB »

I have a custom size tank 60x60x30cm(high) which I use as a pleco breeder. I had it made that size to fit an awkward space under the stairs. So far I have successfully bred 3 species in it (at different times), including Ancistrus, Panaqolus and Pseudolithoxus.
I think 25cm depth would also be fine.
Just remember that a shallow tank has less volume so you may need to do more frequent water changes.
kuba06
Location 1: Czech republic
Location 2: Wallachia

Post by kuba06 »

Mol_PMB wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 18:13 I have a custom size tank 60x60x30cm(high) which I use as a pleco breeder. I had it made that size to fit an awkward space under the stairs. So far I have successfully bred 3 species in it (at different times), including Ancistrus, Panaqolus and Pseudolithoxus.
I think 25cm depth would also be fine.
Just remember that a shallow tank has less volume so you may need to do more frequent water changes.
Hi, thank you :-)
I am using smaller tanks with 25 cm height and bred there few species (L134, L107, L168) too. But I wasnt sure about such a longer tank like 150cm. Will think about that and will see :-)
Bas Pels
My images: 1
My cats species list: 28 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: the Netherlands
Location 2: Nijmegen the Netherlands
Interests: Central American and Uruguayan fishes

Post by Bas Pels »

In a 25 cm high tank you best keep the sandlayer thin, and I think that will be all.

Fish don't need much height in a tank. It looks nice, it stabilyses your water a bit, but that is it. I have three 150 * 70 * 30 cm (l * w * h) tanks in use.

These are devided in the middle, producing six 75 * 70 * 30 cm tanks, which gives a lot of possibilities.
cats have whiskers

Return to “Tank Talk”