Qn regarding signatures

A historical forum for issues reported in the suggestions and bugs forum that have been subsequently fixed or resolved.
philtre
My images: 3
My cats species list: 29 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: sg

Qn regarding signatures

Post by philtre »

Hi ...

I've decided to include my newly set up album @ ehiem-uk (thanks Tim!) in my signature. However, I've noticed that the new signature will only show up in the newer posts and not applied throughout (including the posts that have already been posted prior to the change in the signature).

Is that the way it's supposed to be? IF I'm not wrong, it should be applied throughout>?

cheers
philtre
Rusty
Location 1: New York, NY
Interests: Mochokidae, Clariidae, Heteropneustidae, Malapteruridae, Chacidae, Cetopsidae, Bagridae, Amphilidae

Post by Rusty »

You didn't check "Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)" on your old posts (or did you?).

Rusty
polkadot
Location 2: Singapore

Post by polkadot »

My signature do showed up on old post. Check the profile! :D
philtre

Post by philtre »

Attach signature checked, as in chosen.
(but there's no differenciation between new and old posts right?) when I first started out, didn't really have a signature I think

polkadot ... the only place that I looked was in the profile.

; (

nothing.

ok .... BEFORE I had a signature, all the post remain as it is.
AFTER I put in a signature, all the old post do not have the signature. But subsequent post will have the signature and reflect whatever changes that are made

.... hmmmm ... so I suppose it's as rusty said ... didn't check attach signature in old post so = old post no signature even though now I have a signature?

hehehe .... :wink:
polkadot
Location 2: Singapore

Post by polkadot »

philtre, dont know much about this pHp thing, but now you have a wonderful signature!! :lol: :lol:
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

Polkadot,

See my earlier post (The New Look) if you want to use the gifs. I think there are still some left over.
philtre

Post by philtre »

polkadot wrote:philtre, dont know much about this pHp thing, but now you have a wonderful signature!! :lol: :lol:
hehehe ... thank you ... heok hee the discoverer was the one (thanks, btw) .... I just got too excited by all the cuties!!!! the site was really really fun. Make sure you look around!

btw polkadot, you can also check out my pics. just click on my stash of corydoras!
clothahump
Location 1: Deepest Darkest Dorset UK

Post by clothahump »

The only way of attaching your signature to all your old posts is to go back through them and edit them to include your signature, should keep you busy for a while.
Rusty
Interests: Mochokidae, Clariidae, Heteropneustidae, Malapteruridae, Chacidae, Cetopsidae, Bagridae, Amphilidae

Post by Rusty »

There is actually a mod to do just that (add sigs to old posts)... Another thing on the to do list.
philtre

Post by philtre »

clothahump wrote:The only way of attaching your signature to all your old posts is to go back through them and edit them to include your signature, should keep you busy for a while.
Hi Tim

(nice pic btw,)
I did check it out. But the only way to do it is through the profile, unless you're suggesting that I put in the text manually? As in, have it as part of the post? Heheheh .... I'll PASS!!!
:wink:
philtre

Post by philtre »

Rusty wrote:There is actually a mod to do just that (add sigs to old posts)... Another thing on the to do list.
Hey Rusty,

ISn't there a way to configure that? Rather than to do it manually? I don't know but the experience I had from some other forums is that it is updated instantenously?!

If you have to do that manually ....... :-X
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

There is now a mod installed that allows you to retroactively attach your current sig to all of your previous posts :thumbsup:

The checkbox circled in red is what you would check to apply your sigs to your old posts. The area circled in yellow isn't so new, but I don't think a lot of people are aware of it. It allows you to set the thresholds where pagination occurs on the forum and topic views and how many posts makes a topic "hot." This allows narrowband users to make pages load faster and broadband users to see bigger pages.

Rusty
philtre

Post by philtre »

yo rusty!!!!

thanks ! got it!

:wink:

Return to “All Resolved Issues”