Just saying ahi

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Mlou
Location 1: Quincy
Location 2: MA USA

Just saying ahi

Post by Mlou »

Hi everyone. My name is Mike and I live outside of Boston USA and I just found and joined this forum. I am a big fancy goldfish fan but recently I discovered cories, specifically the Green laser cories which I gave 10 and three corydoras Eques. I originally bought 5 eques but one died when I first brought it home and I let them into their new tank. The se of died the next day....I still don’t know what happened to the two which died.

I noticed regarding the green lasers tend to hide in the Java moss that I have in the tank....they seem very shy, which is not true with the corydoras eques who swim around the rank all day.
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2653)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Re: Just saying ahi

Post by bekateen »

Hello Mike,

Welcome to PlanetCatfish! So you decided to start with eques and green lasers? Nice choices. And eques are typically not cheap, so I hope you have success caring for the three remaining.

As far as personality, most corys tend to be out in the open and not hiding, unless they sense your presence. I'm surprised that your green lasers hide so much. Perhaps with time they'll come out more. Do you have them all in the same tank with the eques?

Cheers, Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
Mlou
Location 1: Quincy
Location 2: MA USA

Re: Just saying ahi

Post by Mlou »

Hi Eric:

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I really liked the color of the green lasers so I purchased 10 to start because I read that they are most happy when there is a big group. I then saw the Eques a week later at the same store and they seemed very friendly and active, and I saw on TM aquatics that these cories are relatively hard to come by. Since there were 5 left, I figure I should get them because they are very nice looking too. Unfortunately two did not make it, as you know from my last post. They were all placed in one single bag and it took me an hour to get home by car and in retrospect, I should have asked the lady to bag them separately...In any case the three I have are doing great, eating quite a bit and getting very fat. So are the green lasers but I hardly ever see them even when there are 10 which is surprising. A few brave greens like to swim with the eques. I do know they are eating though and I am feeding them heavily because I read that they need to eat...

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”