Corydoras(ln9) sp. (Cw063)?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
snowball
I've donated: $40.00!
My cats species list: 47 (i:23, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:3)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:16)
My Wishlist: 4
Spotted: 28
Location 1: Sydney
Location 2: Australia
Interests: Plotosidae

Corydoras(ln9) sp. (Cw063)?

Post by snowball »

I picked these two out of a tank of C. similis, they appear to be , do others concur?
NZ7_7997_2160.jpg
NZ7_7999_2160.jpg
next to C. similis
NZ7_8005_2160.jpg
Karsten S.
My images: 30
Spotted: 20
Location 1: Ludwigsburg - Germany
Location 2: Ludwigsburg - Germany

Re: Corydoras(ln9) sp. (Cw063)?

Post by Karsten S. »

Hi,

do you have any information from where those were imported, together with the C. similis ?
I can definitely confirm C. similis and for the others CW063 could be an option. However, the specimen on the original picture has an even smaller caudal spot that is more elongated and a much more pronounced spot pattern (might change once your corys are settled). Unfortunately the location information for CW63 "Peru" is also not really exact...
I remember HGE telling me that in the area of C. similis nearly every river has a form similar to C. similis but always slightly different and that he thinks it is a big species complex. From what I can remember with respect to variability your cory might also rather be coming from there...
Or shorter: I don't really know...

Cheers,
--

Karsten
snowball
I've donated: $40.00!
My cats species list: 47 (i:23, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:3)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:16)
My Wishlist: 4
Spotted: 28
Location 1: Sydney
Location 2: Australia
Interests: Plotosidae

Re: Corydoras(ln9) sp. (Cw063)?

Post by snowball »

That's interesting about the association with a 'mimic' species. I will see what I can find out about their origin next time I visit the shop, probably in the new year.
Cheers,
Andrew

Return to “What is my catfish?”