Adding Fish

A historical forum for issues reported in the suggestions and bugs forum that have been subsequently fixed or resolved.
MrRRunner
My cats species list: 6 (i:6, k:3)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:1)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Stafford
Location 2: Staffordshire
Interests: Pleco's

Adding Fish

Post by MrRRunner »

I don't seem to be able to add my new fish to "My Fish" I have added my Tank to "My Aquaria" but when I try to add the species the list of my fish appears but I can't seem to find away of adding new ones?
Thanks
Chris
CHRIS
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: Adding Fish

Post by Jools »

Hi

You go to the species, then click on add species (near the species name header) and then add it to whichever Aquarium - hopefully this is what you were trying to do?

Cheers,

Jools
TheDoctor
My cats species list: 55 (i:15, k:21)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:5)
Spotted: 45
Location 1: Midlands
Location 2: United Kingdom
Interests: Keeping Tropical and cold water Fish

Post by TheDoctor »

went to add some new fish to my lists but the add this cat to your list +, is not working tried disabling my ad blockers and still have the issue tried on my smartphone which has no ad blockers installed still no joy something is very wrong also tried via my fire tablet it refuses to load the site saying it is taking too long to respond
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

Ad blockers won't have an impact on this function. I just tried adding a new species to my account and it worked fine.

Jools
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

On what ISP so far I have tried Google and Edge and Silk to no avail I click the plus option to add that species and nothing happens @@ even tried clearing my cookies and cache still the +My Cats is still not functioning
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Try adding Panaqolus maccus as the +My Cats is not highlighting when I run the mouse over it
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

its seems there is a glitch if trying to add a species you already have for example I have a Corydoras Sterbai already on my list but I have purchased more yesterday from a different place but I can not add the new Corydoras Sterbais onto my list as the + My Cats option is not highlighting when I run the mouse over it let me add 2 Banjos and a L169 pleco but I think I have another Clown pleco my first one is listed in my 200 litre Lido Tank and the new one is in my 180 Rio tank and also came from a different aquatic shop but again it will not let me add it to my cats@@
MrRRunner
My cats species list: 6 (i:6, k:3)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:1)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Stafford
Location 2: Staffordshire
Interests: Pleco's

Post by MrRRunner »

Jools wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 13:29 Hi

You go to the species, then click on add species (near the species name header) and then add it to whichever Aquarium - hopefully this is what you were trying to do?

Cheers,

Jools
Thanks Jools, all sorted. :-BD
CHRIS
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

TheDoctor wrote: 10 Dec 2021, 18:40 Try adding Panaqolus maccus as the +My Cats is not highlighting when I run the mouse over it
That's because you're already keeping it. If you get more of a particular species then edit that "My Cats" record to change the number.

Jools
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

@@ yes but the new ones will not be as old as the ones already on my list and they come from a different place so they need a separate record to be made for each of them so I know how long I have kept them I have been able to have multiple of the same species with separate records for each in the past ??
Last edited by TheDoctor on 11 Dec 2021, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

The Below Appears when I try to add a picture of my Royal Whiptail I have cut down the image to 500 X 188 and 69.6 kbs JPG format and still I keep getting the below message when I ask it to save ??? Would like to add I have used my own private pics of the fish without any issues taken by various cameras and smartphones over the years the current being a Samsung S21 Ultra

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function arn_validate_image_upload() in /home/webcat/planetcatfish.com/common/includes/my_fish_validate.php:34 Stack trace: #0 /home/webcat/planetcatfish.com/common/my_fish.php(243): require_once() #1 /home/webcat/planetcatfish.com/common/my_fish.php(100): arn_my_fish_guts(58182, '1933', 'validate', 'all', 'TheDoctor', '') #2 {main} thrown in /home/webcat/planetcatfish.com/common/includes/my_fish_validate.php on line 34
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

TheDoctor wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 21:20 The Below Appears when I try to add a picture of my Royal Whiptail I have cut down the image to 500 X 188 and 69.6 kbs JPG format and still I keep getting the below message when I ask it to save ???
I think this was due to an error I introduced recently checking out the other things. Should be OK now, but I'd appreciate if you could confirm.

Cheers,

Jools
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Thanks, It let me add my pic of my Royal whiptail 1645 x 714 205kbs. but now I can't access my stuff at all ?? there are no drop downs showing my fish my aquaria etc @@ when I click on My Stuff

Update:
can only access my Fish via backdoor method via going to a catfish I know I keep and searching through the registered keepers and then clicking on my name?
yellowcat
I've donated: $105.00!
My images: 74
My cats species list: 38 (i:36, k:15)
Spotted: 40
Location 1: Los Angeles
Location 2: USA
Interests: auchenoglaninae, pimelodidae, pseudopimelodidae, doradidae

Post by yellowcat »

IMG_0761 2.jpg
I don't know if it applies to the above problems stated but when I try to add a new photo of my Wertheimeria maculata to "My Cats" page, nothing changes. Tried to delete original photo and start over with the new one, upload new one, click on 'save & publish' and nothing changes, no alerts or ? Don't want it to appear on the 'my cats updates' again with the same original photo after several tries already to change it.. New desired image shown above
Africa: Claroteidae- P. monkei, 3-P. punctatus, A. occidentalis-Volta, 3-A. biscutatus, 2-N. macrostoma. Mocho.- syno. batensoda, 2-syno. pardalis. South America: Pimelodids-p. blochii, 2-platysilurus mucosus. Pseudopim's- 2-lophiosilurus alexandri, batrochoglanis cf. villosus. Doradidae-anadoras grypus, 2-rhinodoras dorbigny, 2-wertheimeria maculata
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

yellowcat wrote: 12 Dec 2021, 23:03New desired image shown above
Hi Kirk,

I can see the new image on your My Cats profile. I think it's because the old image is cached / displaying on your computer but, to the rest of the world, the new image is what we see. This can be tested/fixed by doing a hard refresh of the page (on windows, hold down shift and refresh the page). While this is not related to what is being discussed above, it might be a sort of bug with the site - the way we create images for caching could be better and I hope to get some time to look at this over the festive break.

Cheers,

Jools
yellowcat
I've donated: $105.00!
My images: 74
My cats species list: 38 (i:36, k:15)
Spotted: 40
Location 1: Los Angeles
Location 2: USA
Interests: auchenoglaninae, pimelodidae, pseudopimelodidae, doradidae

Post by yellowcat »

Thanks Jools! I thought it was odd that after a few tries, the old image kept appearing using my (Mac) desktop but I checked later on my iPhone and the new image appeared? Good to know it wasn't the site or perhaps my lack of expertise with cyber stuff that created the problem, thanks for making sense of it all! Cheers, Kirk
Africa: Claroteidae- P. monkei, 3-P. punctatus, A. occidentalis-Volta, 3-A. biscutatus, 2-N. macrostoma. Mocho.- syno. batensoda, 2-syno. pardalis. South America: Pimelodids-p. blochii, 2-platysilurus mucosus. Pseudopim's- 2-lophiosilurus alexandri, batrochoglanis cf. villosus. Doradidae-anadoras grypus, 2-rhinodoras dorbigny, 2-wertheimeria maculata

Return to “All Resolved Issues”