What are this litle guys ?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
GuffyValentine
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:3)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 3
Location 1: USA
Location 2: FL

What are this litle guys ?

Post by GuffyValentine »

So I don’t know anything about aquariums but these guys look cool can anyone help me identify them. I bought a house a few months ago the old owner left a 55 or 75 gal aquarium it had some fish so my wife from time to time would feed them but yesterday I was looking at it and it had these beautiful things can anyone help me identify them, I asked in Reddit/Aquariums people there seem to think they are L134 what do you guys think?.

bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2653)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Re: What are this litle guys ?

Post by bekateen »

Hi GuffyValentine,

Really neat discovery in your tank. I don't think these are L134 (Peckoltia compta). Rather, I think you have one of the species of black striped Hypancistrus, maybe (but don't hold me to it) , or a similar species.

Good luck with them.

Cheers, Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
Viktor Jarikov
My images: 11
My cats species list: 25 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 4
Location 1: Naples, FL
Location 2: USA

Post by Viktor Jarikov »

Unusual story, a first on my memory :) Thank you for sharing. What's your plan for the fish and tanks, if any? Would you like to pick up fish keeping as a hobby or you think you'll get rid of them?
Thebiggerthebetter
fish-story.com
GuffyValentine
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:3)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 3
Location 1: USA
Location 2: FL

Post by GuffyValentine »

Viktor Jarikov wrote: 27 May 2022, 15:39 Unusual story, a first on my memory :) Thank you for sharing. What's your plan for the fish and tanks, if any? Would you like to pick up fish keeping as a hobby or do you think you'll get rid of them?
My mind is blown away by the amount of information about fish and fishkeeping I think I found a new hobby :D. the aquarium also had some corydoras and that is another entire world I love it. Going to take it slowly but I can see now why people get into fish keeping.

Return to “What is my catfish?”