New Microlepidogaster

For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

New Microlepidogaster

Post by Silurus »

Martins, FA, 2022. A new species of Microlepidogaster (Loricariidae: Hypoptopomatinae) from rio Pardo, a coastal drainage in eastern Brazil. Zootaxa 5150: 269–281.

Abstract
A new species of Microlepidogaster is described from rio Pardo drainage, a coastal basin in eastern Brazil. This species can be differentiated from its congeners by having the following unique features: 1) anterior portion of snout with a large odontode-free band extending laterally from the anterior tip of snout to the postrostral plate 2; 2) transverse process of second dorsal-fin pterygiophore exposed and bearing odontodes; and 3) exposed area of pectoral girdle extended to the mesial symphysis, with odontodes mainly distributed in the coracoid ventral expansion. The new species is further distinguished by several other morphological non-exclusive features. Recently, some Microlepidogaster species were reallocated to Rhinolekos. The taxonomic changes involving these genera is herein discussed.
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: New Microlepidogaster

Post by Jools »

Thanks for posting HH, I would appreciate a copy of the PDF if possible.

Cheers,

Jools

Return to “Taxonomy & Science News”