Is this a baby tatia intermedia?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
ZoomiesPB
My cats species list: 11 (i:3, k:11)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 12
Location 1: United Kingdom
Location 2: Surrey

Is this a baby tatia intermedia?

Post by ZoomiesPB »

She is about 6 weeks old and the only survivor. We are stunned because when the eggs were discovered there was no male in the tank, he had died maybe a month before; so we thought they were from a different driftwood catfish. But now she looks like an intermedia, for sure, right??
Attachments
IMG_20220713_221109.jpg
fishguy1978
My cats species list: 31 (i:26, k:21)
My aquaria list: 8 (i:7)
My BLogs: 2 (i:1, p:73)
Spotted: 36
Location 1: Puget Sound
Location 2: WA
Interests: Fish. I have multiple aquariums with fish from S.A, C.A., Africa, and Asia.

Re: Is this a baby tatia intermedia?

Post by fishguy1978 »

Quite possibly. I have 3 T. Intermedia but haven't had any spawns yet. Awesome.
Did you say “CATFISH!?” I’m in.
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2653)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Post by bekateen »

Sure looks like a baby woodcat to me! Sorry for the loss of the male, but congratulations on finding a fry!

Cheers, Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
ZoomiesPB

Post by ZoomiesPB »

fishguy1978 wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 00:17 Quite possibly. I have 3 T. Intermedia but haven't had any spawns yet. Awesome.
Thanks! We have 3 female adults, two much mature than the other, so maybe one of those was the mum. Maybe dad didn't survive breeding, or something. But, we've luckily picked up a juvenile male, who seems to be doing his own thing in the tank until he gets big!
ZoomiesPB

Post by ZoomiesPB »

bekateen wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 01:12 Sure looks like a baby woodcat to me! Sorry for the loss of the male, but congratulations on finding a fry!

Cheers, Eric
Yeah, we don't know what happened, but the females are massive compared to what he was. The silver lining, if it is one, is that it's very interesting to see it in real life that they do/can hold the sperm from the male before fertilising/laying the eggs.

Return to “What is my catfish?”