EBO-Aquaristik- anybody know this food?

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
TwoTankAmin
I've donated: $4288.00!
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:48)
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Mt. Kisco, NY
Interests: Fish and Poker

EBO-Aquaristik- anybody know this food?

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Somebody asked me if I knew anything about this brand of food. I only found minimal info some of which is not in English. If you can offer any feedback if you have used this food or have any information at all, please post it.
No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anonymous
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2653)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Re: EBO-Aquaristik- anybody know this food?

Post by bekateen »

Hi TTA,

I bought some of the mussel food (I'd estimate they are 1-2 mm pellets) when I was at the CSG convention in March.

The pellets are a little damp (not bone dry like NLS pellets) and they are super dense - they sink faster than a Mafia ratfink who squealed to the coppers, now sporting a pair of cement shoes in the Hudson Bay.

My Ancistrus and Panaqolus and a few species of corys gobble it up. Oddly, the only one of my fish that seems to ignore it are my L201 big spots. Can't figure that out, since it's a meaty food.

I'd buy it again.

Cheers, Eric
Attachments
musselgran-300x300.jpg
musselgran-300x300.jpg (39.91 KiB) Viewed 3912 times
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
MarcW
I've donated: $148.00!
My images: 4
My cats species list: 44 (i:9, k:17)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:1)
My BLogs: 12 (i:16, p:575)
My Wishlist: 55
Spotted: 40
Location 1: Hampshire
Location 2: UK

Post by MarcW »

I also use their foods.

I find the soft mussel pellet which Eric mentioned and the artemia granule is generally eagerly accepted. As are the youngster grow paste and sprinula paste.

I got some of the sponge pellets thinking they would be closer to a natural diet for some of my fish, although they seem to be ignored.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I suppose my real question is how does it compare to Repashy and Hikari frozen. I consider these foods to be a notch below live.

And all of my fish have always been pigs, it they even think something could be food they will try to eat it. So I cannot judge almost any food by whether or not it is eaten.
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
MarcW
I've donated: $148.00!
My images: 4
My cats species list: 44 (i:9, k:17)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:1)
My BLogs: 12 (i:16, p:575)
My Wishlist: 55
Spotted: 40
Location 1: Hampshire
Location 2: UK

Post by MarcW »

From looking at the ingredients I would say Repashy has better variety of ingredients. I use the ebo food as a treat 1 or 2 times a week, or more frequently for any of my fish who don't eat Repashy/prefer pellets. If I remember when I get home i'll post some pictures of the ingredients list.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

By way of a follow-up. About a month ago a fish friend who had over ordered Ebo from Germany sent me some of both the mussel and insect Softgran. My fish love it. I wanted to gut some on the Ebo site where they say it is $18 to ship under a kilo to the states. So I put 350gm each of the mussel and insect 1.8 softgran and 75 gm of the mussel sticks in the cart.

When I went to check out the shipping came up at $36. 775 gm are less than a kilo. So I emailed them via their contact set-up asking what what going on and I have not hear back. My fish love this food. I even saw a harlequin rasbora swimming around holding a piece of the Softgran in its lips. To big/hard to swallow so I guess he sucked on it until it was small enough to get down.

All the Hypans love it as do the corys. I hope I hear back from the Ebo folks because I think it is a lot better choice of food then what I get from kensfish for sure.
sturiosoma
My aquaria list: 3 (i:3)
My BLogs: 6 (i:4, p:175)
Spotted: 10
Location 1: United states, Ohio
Location 2: united states,elyria

Post by sturiosoma »

Where can you order this from

Jeanne
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

You can call them or chat on WhatsApp with +49 172 1347104. Good guys, speak fluent English. I was lucky to meet them both a couple of years back. Not sure they have a distributor in the US.

Jools
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Thanks Jools. But I do not in general use apps, so that is not a possibility. Plus I want nothing from Meta on my box. I also don't own a smart phone. If I cannot do it via Email or by voice on a phone, then I do not do it.

I used the contact system on the Ebo site. That should work. I have been using some of the Fluval Bug Bites as a fall-back.
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2653)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Post by bekateen »

Jim Stanford may be a US distributor. I'm not sure. PlecoHotels2020@gmail.com
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
Paynet
Location 1: Portsmouth
Location 2: Va

Post by Paynet »

Pleco hotels does indeed sell the food. That is where I purchase mine. Mike swet, "the rabbit snails nerd" which can be found on Band, now sells it as well.
sturiosoma
My aquaria list: 3 (i:3)
My BLogs: 6 (i:4, p:175)
Spotted: 10
Location 1: United states, Ohio
Location 2: united states,elyria

Post by sturiosoma »

Would anyone have a english translation of ingredients

Jeanne
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Well I though I had posted last night in this thread. But I do not see it, so..

I bit the bullet and ordered from them.

One kilo each of the Softgran Insect and Mussel.
One kilo each of the Shrimp and Veggie Sticks.
75 gm of the Artemia SuperSoft Granules

Total about 9 pounds US.

This more than I need. But I am trying to sell a lot of plecos this year and I figured I would include a sample of these foods with them. I have freezer space :d
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

The Ebo folks are good at communicating. They sent me a recent email with a link to the DHL site (they are handling the shipment). Boy, are there a lot of inspections, clearances and ways to delay things. My package is on the way but I have no idea where exactly it is nor when it will arrive. My fish are starting to complain. They want to know what happened to the Ebo treats.......

p.s. I have also been feeding this food to corys.

Return to “Speak Easy”