Items sought in the United States of America and Canada
Phoenix.L
My cats species list: 28 (i:1, k:28)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:53)
My Wishlist: 53
Spotted: 28
Location 1: Troy, NY.
Location 2: USA
Interests: Hiking/climbing, rockhounding, crafting/art, DIY aquarium builds and creating natural aquarium decor, aquascaping/biotopes, freshwater fish keeping and breeding especially catfish, loaches, gobies, and pipefish (all the oddballs)

Catfish wish list

Post by Phoenix.L »

I came here to ask about a couple things and then decided why not just post the long wish list, including things I have that need more friends, things that you don’t really see everyday, and things that border on impossible to source. Maybe I will get really lucky and people will know where to find some of my really rare dream fish. If you breed any of these or have a lead on where to find them please do let me know.
Will make a donation to the website for every one that I am able to obtain because of this post :)
Thanks!
Pair/group of L159
Albino gold laser corydora
Green Gold corydora
Red sailfin “Venezuela” cory
Eversi cory
Synodontis nigriventris zebra kuto
Dwarf gold spot pleco (L136)
L106
L146
Golden vampire (L172)
Synodontis lucipinnis
Synodontis contractus
Spotted Medusa
Ocelot pleco
CW078 (nanay nugget)
Nannoptopoma sp Peru white
Parotocinclus cearensis
Parotocinclus jumbo
Bronchis splendens
Rusty cory
Circular whiptail pair
Dwarf snowball
Last edited by Phoenix.L on 20 Mar 2023, 07:03, edited 1 time in total.
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: Catfish wish list

Post by Jools »

If you're willing to buy fish that are shipped you can get many of these species fairly readily. https://www.wetspottropicalfish.com/ is a very good example. Also AllOddballAquatics on https://www.aquabid.com/. I'm guessing you don't want the whole list all at once! :-)

The other thing is I am not sure what a lot of these catfishes are, for example Ocelot pleco. Where you haven't done so, can you list their scientific names? Green gold Corydoras for example could mean a bunch of different things. Your LFS will be able to readily get a few of these too, for example or .

Jools
Phoenix.L
My cats species list: 28 (i:1, k:28)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:53)
My Wishlist: 53
Spotted: 28
Location 1: Troy, NY.
Interests: Hiking/climbing, rockhounding, crafting/art, DIY aquarium builds and creating natural aquarium decor, aquascaping/biotopes, freshwater fish keeping and breeding especially catfish, loaches, gobies, and pipefish (all the oddballs)

Post by Phoenix.L »

Oh no! Not the whole list at once. It didn’t seem likely that I would find more than a couple at a time.
I have extensive special order lists at both of my local stores, they come up with something from time to time. I would always prefer to buy from a person than a store if it is an option though.
Comradovich
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:3)
My BLogs: 1 (i:6, p:74)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 7
Location 1: Salt Lake City
Interests: Small catfish and livebearers. Dwarf Corys, tiny plecos and otos, and the like.

Post by Comradovich »

Check Dan's Fish.com as he has Ocelot and Parotocinclus Jumbo. I can verify that his Pitbull Plecos are of pretty high quality, as I bought 6 back in November as juveniles, and all 6 have made it to April. They're even breeding for me. No idea on the gender ratios for the breeding report, though. They don't spend much time on my glass and they've darkened to match my substrate so if they've got saddles on the males, I don't see them.

Return to “Wanted (USA & Canada)”