Highly Recommended Places in the UK?

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
DBam
My cats species list: 10 (i:2, k:4)
My Wishlist: 5
Spotted: 8
Location 1: BC
Location 2: Canada

Highly Recommended Places in the UK?

Post by DBam »

Hey folks,

I will be traveling to the UK shortly and though the itinerary is tight, I thought I'd ask if there's any aquarium-related places the UK crowd here would recommend visiting. In particular, I was wondering about stores (and maybe public aquaria). I'm not necessarily asking for just any run-of-the-mill fish shop, I'm thinking more along the lines of a place that would show me how differently things are done in the hobby in this part of the world versus where I live or show me how much better the hobby is (or can) be done as evidenced by the businesses that support it. I've heard it a few times over now from the well traveled that in general, the stores and entire hobby is done very differently in Europe and is arguably better.

Let me know what you think. I'm open to any feedback. Thanks.
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2653)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Re: Highly Recommended Places in the UK?

Post by bekateen »

Pier Aquatics. There's no place better.

Enjoy your trip!

Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
DBam
My cats species list: 10 (i:2, k:4)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: BC
Location 2: Canada

Post by DBam »

Thanks! If possible I will work it in.
characinkid
I've donated: $27.00!
My cats species list: 10 (i:3, k:9)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
My BLogs: 3 (i:3, p:148)
Spotted: 10
Location 1: New England USA
Location 2: NH USA

Post by characinkid »

I have not lived in the UK for many years, but when I go back I always try and goto Wholesale aquatics in London and
Whalf aquatics up north.
I grew up in the UK and kept fish for many years there, and now live in the US and have always found that Europe has many more wild and rare fish while the US have many more FL bred fish. ( this has changed over the last 10 years)
I’ve heard that this is because in European fish keepers are willing to spend more, but that’s just a rumor I think!!
Either way, enjoy your time and for sure drop into a couple of shops while you’re there!!
Too Many Tanks... Too Many fish... not enough time!!!

Return to “Speak Easy”