Corydoras with fungus?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Manoah
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
Location 1: Netherlands
Location 2: Netherlands
Interests: Biotope aquariums, corydoras sp, south american nature

Corydoras with fungus?

Post by Manoah »

Hello everyone, one of my corydoras melini has this weird fungus on his head. All the rest of the corydoras are fine. His gills are a bid red and his breathing is realativly fast. Does anybody know what it could be or what i can do about it?. There is no amonia in the water and no nitrite. The nitrate is also low. He is also isolating from the rest of the group. Tho i have to say that the melinis that i have are always a bit shy and slow moving. And his eyes are bigger than the rest of the group. What sould i do and could it also infect the other cory's ?

Thank you in advance.

-Manoah
Attachments
IMG-20230401-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20230401-WA0003.jpg
Manoah
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
Location 1: Netherlands
Location 2: Netherlands
Interests: Biotope aquariums, corydoras sp, south american nature

Re: Corydoras with fungus?

Post by Manoah »

Hi guys, sadly he died this afternoon. Hope is an better place! The fungus grew on his eyes in only a few hours. I bought them and their barbs where really short so he probably got an infection from that.

Return to “What is my catfish?”