For Sale - 6 True F1 L173

Items for sale in the United States of America and Canada.
TwoTankAmin
I've donated: $4288.00!
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:48)
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Mt. Kisco, NY
Interests: Fish and Poker

For Sale - 6 True F1 L173

Post by TwoTankAmin »

This offering is only for members of this site in good standing who were registered here on or before Feb. 9, 2023.

Group of 6 True F1 L173 - Unsexed:

Sizes TL: 2⅝” to 2⅞” avg. 2¾
Born & raised in my tanks: pH 7.0, TDS low 80s ppm, temp. 82-86 F.
(2x2⅝", 2x2¾", 2x2⅞”) I believe there are both sexes included.

PRICE: $1,850 delivered or $1,600.00 Picked Up
Live arrival guaranteed if shipped. (Shipping is only within the USA.)
They can be PICKED UP in zip code 10549 (about 40 mi NNE of Manhattan, NYC).
(I will donate $160 from the above to Planetcatfish.)

POST SALE SUPPORT: is available for the next year unless I am unable for health reasons including death (mine, not the fish as I am sworn not to reveal how to spawn dead fish).

CONTACT INFO: Via Site PM or via email> twotankamin at protonmail dot com.
(I do not own a smart phone and do not text.)

PICTURES shot in a 2.5 gal. photo tank. The fish don’t hold still & I am a poor photographer. I was able to shoot all the fish in one picture. Plus some shots with fewer fish. You will see all of the fish which look much nicer in person. I apologize for been a poor photographer but I make up for it by breeding healthy, fish that are nice looking.
F1_173A1of6.JPG
F1_173A2of6.JPG
F1_173A4of6.JPG
F1_173A4of6B.JPG
F1_173A6of6.JPG
One more pic below in a second post.
Last edited by TwoTankAmin on 11 Mar 2023, 07:55, edited 6 times in total.
No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anonymous
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
TwoTankAmin

Re: For Sale - 6 True F1 L173

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Last pic
F1_173A6of6B.JPG
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

OOPS- I forgot to mention the bonus. I will add one more fish. I had a second breeding group of L173 that came from tank raised parents from a different source than the WC breeders. I sold the breeders in the spring last year, but I still had a number of their offspring in grow tanks.

I will add one unsexed offspring from the TR parents to the box. It will be 1.75 inch or a bit bigger and it will be clearly labelled on the bag as the TR Bonus fish.

I keep the two groups separate since a true F1 is a valuable fish for this species. But the next generation becomes less unique. I see no reason the Bonus fish should not breed with the 6 F1 fish.

And to make the cherry on top of the sundae. I will add a couple of ounces of the Ebo-Aquaristik Softgran I recently got from Germany. I will enclose some of the Insect and the Mussel. Further, I will guarantee the food will be DOA :-p

edited to fix a typo
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

BUMP-

Lots of views but no indications interest so far. I thought this was a pretty good offering. I am in the process of having to go onto places on the net I have never wanted to in order to sell many fish as I exit the hobby over the next dozen months. The process means using a separate dedicated device that has no connection to the rest of my online life. I hope this in place by the end of this month.

At that time, if the above fish are not in somebody else's tank, I will ask for this thread to be closed and list them for more money elsewhere.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

These fish have now been spoken for as part of a larger purchase. Unless things fall apart, which I do not expect, it is a done deal. When things are consumated, I will make the promised donation to the site.
aquaholic
My images: 1
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Australia
Interests: Catfish, tankbusters and cichlids

Post by aquaholic »

Glad you have found homes for your fish.

For what it'd worth, it's fairly straightforward to spawn dead fish. Extract gametes as soon as possible after unfortunate death and dry fertilise. Most fish have eggs in a range of readiness so some fry will eventuate.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Well I guess id one acts rapidly it is possible to extract things and fertilize them. But I would bet you have to act pretty quickly after the fish died. If you find the fish floating a nibbled on after a day since it died ?

And I actually was about to sweeten the deal with a second TR parented L173 when I got the PM from the buyer. So I told them they would get the extra extra. I wish moving out 8 fish was a big deal. But I need to move out about 250 give or take. That includes the breeders. I am working my way out of the hobby.

On the sites which I feel do things to benefit fishkeepers in general and on which I participate, I like to donate when I can and also to offer some of my fish to the members for less than I sell in general and less than others who also sell the same fish. I fell in love the the B&W Hypans when I saw my first zebra picture in the Baensch Aquarium Atlas (it was my first fish book). It only took me 5+ years to get a spawning group. And that was only the start of my obsession.
aquaholic
My images: 1
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Australia
Interests: Catfish, tankbusters and cichlids

Post by aquaholic »

Sad day when you have to leave your obsession. I'm sure you have your reasons but what is life without pleasure?

I understand the fish obsession. I moved to Japan for 8 years to keep nice fish. One fish room was small. Fish tank sizes always too limiting.
LTLT11756
Location 1: United States
Location 2: NY

Post by LTLT11756 »

Hi, I missed the post and wonder you have anymore L173 for sale or other hypan like zebra etc… thank you

Return to “For Sale (USA & Canada)”